North American residents ONLY

drsel

What will happen if a US travel agent books a Holland America or Princess cruise for a non North American resident?

Will the passengers be denied boarding?

OR

Will the passengers be allowed boarding & the agent get penalized ?

I do get the question and we do know a frequent HAL cruiser (from Australia) who has long booked his cruises through a North American agency.  The problem would be that you may need an address (our friend uses a legit address that belongs to a Canadian friend) for booking purposes.  Once you have a cruise reservation/ticket and show up at embarkation with a valid Passport it is hard to imagine any problem.

Hank

• Thanks 1

I'm a 'non North American resident' and I sailed on Koningsdam in March this year, booked through a US travel agent.  I've booked several cruises through the same agent and never had an issue, although this was the first on HAL.  The only address I provided was my own UK address, which is also the one shown on my HAL account online.  At embarkation it was pretty obvious this is where I live because of the NHS Covid Pass I provided as proof of vaccination.  (Also my required covid test was taken at Heathrow, and if I remember rightly I'd provided flight details during online check-in.)  The agent didn't question anything at all.

• Thanks 1