E630 on the Ruby

Cruise Raider

I was going to start a live from thread on the Ruby and will do so when I can.  For now, I just want to note that cabin E630 is so noisy .. we are having to move to another cabin as we haven’t slept much at all in our time onboard so far.  

That goodness for the guest services staff onboard that have been so helpful in finding a suitable replacement.  We are just being moved to another (more obstructed) oceanview cabin down the hall but, it seems like it may be a lot quieter.  We can tolerate much more when we have some sleep under our belts.  

On another note, the food has been excellent and the service has been absolutely stellar in every way.  It was just a very poor room choice.  

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I was going to start a live from thread on the Ruby and will do so when I can.  For now, I just want to note that cabin E630 is so noisy .. we are having to move to another cabin as we haven’t slept much at all in our time onboard so far.  

That goodness for the guest services staff onboard that have been so helpful in finding a suitable replacement.  We are just being moved to another (more obstructed) oceanview cabin down the hall but, it seems like it may be a lot quieter.  We can tolerate much more when we have some sleep under our belts.  

On another note, the food has been excellent and the service has been absolutely stellar in every way.  It was just a very poor room choice.  

Could you tell where the noise was coming from? I looked at drag decks on Cruise Deckplans, and I'm not sure. You might have been over the Crown Grill kitchen, but I can't tell. Emerald deck seems out of scale on drag decks.

• Like 1

It does look like E630 is over the Crown Grill Kitchen. Crown Grill closes around 11pm and should not have noise overnight unless they are using that area for other food preparation. There is also a life craft right outside. They could be working there. Interested to know.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Could you tell where the noise was coming from? I looked at drag decks on Cruise Deckplans, and I'm not sure. You might have been over the Crown Grill kitchen, but I can't tell. Emerald deck seems out of scale on drag decks.

It is hard to say but I think a couple of different factors are invoked.  First of all, it’s not normal ship noise like the night supervisor suggested, otherwise it would be really noisy 24/7.  It sounded like someone was clanking metal for over an hour starting at 11:15 PM … we definitely believe it had something to do with venting or from a galley when clean up was taking place.  It also sounded like there was a lot of scraping of the balcony chairs and table from the room above ours.  I find it hard to believe the neighbors weren’t complaining, too.  I’m not sure they hadn’t.  A friend of mine researched the room for us here on cruise critic and E630 is known to have a lot of noise.  I’m one who usually researches my stateroom choice carefully and didn’t see that.  I wish I would have.  I’d have just not booked if I had known how awful that was.  
We are moved into our new room and although our view is directly obstructed more heavily with a tender boat, which can also be noisy, it is quieter than that other cabin.  It’s right over the wheelhouse bar so not sure if that will be bothersome but they only are scheduled to play until 11 PM tonight.  That’s at least doable for us.  It’s the random metal clanking noises that periodically just wake you right up after dozing off that are so very annoying.  Some people can sleep through anything .. we are both not like that.  If this turns out to be noisy at night, we will just move to an inside cabin.  Whereas I could live in a closet, my DH wanted to at least try this one for at least one night.  He just needs some natural light.  I’m confident we will be much happier in this stateroom.  

Again, on a more positive note, I can’t say enough great things about the service onboard.  This staff is phenomenal.  

• Like 2