Celebrity Cruises Slow Dancing Couple

ScottC4746

57 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Our first Celebrity cruise is Friday.  How is the tolerance for an Alaskan cruise for same sex slow dancing in the bars? 

Very much so. Nobody will bat an eye. And there will be plenty of gays on your ship doing the same. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

Very much so. Nobody will bat an eye. And there will be plenty of gays on your ship doing the same. 

Sounds like the X is a very welcoming and inclusive line.  I have even seen same sex couples in promotional videos showing them on the deck by the rail with a drink, a scene usually reserved for traditional couples.  Very nice to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

Sounds like the X is a very welcoming and inclusive line. 

Few Celebrity passengers are first timers with X. The majority have already cruised on Celebrity multiple times. These passengers are accustomed to and comfortable with sailing with lots of lgbt+ clientele. They are not shocked or upset by men dancing together. You have nothing to worry about. Side note…our first cruise was an Alaskan sailing on solstice. (Yes, we were the first timers.) On one evening a ton of straight married guys were quite tipsy and attached themselves to our group of gay newly made friends on the ship.  We had quite a fun night in Quasar, the on ship disco. (They figured out we like to have fun!) plenty of flirting but all well behaved. If anything, the rare straight passengers who are uncomfortable with out lgbt people would likely be uncomfortable realizing that they are the only straight people uncomfortable with the gays. Pro ise…You are going to have a lovely trip. Our second sailing on Equinox in the Caribbean was no different. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 8:53 AM, letsgogogo said:

We had quite a fun night in Quasar, the on ship disco.

How old were you?

It was my understanding that Quasar was for teens only?

My 1st time on CxC was on Equinox in 2019, and because it was a port intensive cruise, I didn't get to spend too much time on the ship except for 2 sea days. I loved the Hot Glass class! But I realized real quick during a atrium dance party that the ship was gay friendly.

I was upset to learn that adults are forbidden in the video arcade and basketball courts. The basketball courts!!?? 😠

Considering another Celebrity cruise (just wish they had more fun stuff).

Edited by SireDoime
stuff

Just now, SireDoime said:

How old were you?

It was my understanding that Quasar was for teens only?

At the time, 46. There weren’t really any teens on our sailing. It’s odd to me that they would limit quasar to teens when there’s a huge bar in there. Maybe they changed the purpose of Quasar since I was last on solstice which was 2016. We were on equinox in 2019, and it was the same way. An adult bar.

12 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

At the time, 46. There weren’t really any teens on our sailing. It’s odd to me that they would limit quasar to teens when there’s a huge bar in there. Maybe they changed the purpose of Quasar since I was last on solstice which was 2016. We were on equinox in 2019, and it was the same way. An adult bar.

Ok Is this Quasar? On my sailing in June/July 2019 I only saw teens hanging out there:

20190629_124616.jpg

20190629_124205.jpg

20190629_124228.jpg

Edited by SireDoime
editing pictures