Timing of Covid Test

ArizonatoFlorida

I know this subject has been addressed before, but I was unable to find it.  If you are boarding your cruise at 11:40 am on September 3rd, do your take your proctored  test after 11:40 am on Thursday (48 hours) or any time on Thursday  (2 days)?  Thanks for your help.

Edited by ArizonatoFlorida
Correction

So, I’m not on this cruise by my in-laws are-I’m helping them navigate all of their checklists. I thought the pre-cruise test could be 72 hours in advance of sailing. They took their tests this afternoon; however when I tried to upload results to VeriFLY, we got a notification that it was too early-it needed to be 48-72 hours in advance. 
Is my math off or will their tests be accepted? Thanks in advance for any advice 

Are they taking the cruise from Montreal, Canada?  There is information at the website below.  Antigen test can be taken 2 days prior to embarkation.  Molecular test can be taken 72 hours before.

Also they should be aware that Canada is also doing random testing of folks arriving at the airport.  This website also explains that.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

A NAAT is a molecular test so it can be taken within 72 hours of boarding. If you Wednesday evening test was 72 hours or less from boarding than it’s fine. 

6 hours ago, seleever77 said:

So, I’m not on this cruise by my in-laws are-I’m helping them navigate all of their checklists. I thought the pre-cruise test could be 72 hours in advance of sailing. They took their tests this afternoon; however when I tried to upload results to VeriFLY, we got a notification that it was too early-it needed to be 48-72 hours in advance. 
Is my math off or will their tests be accepted? Thanks in advance for any advice 

if their test was an antigen test than 72 hours is too far out. If it was a molecular (aka PCR or NAAT) than 72 hours is okay.