Freedom OTS - where are we going?

Rewind

We were just in CocoCay yesterday, today is a sea day, tomorrow we will be in Nassau.  We were just sitting around about half way in-between, but then around noon the engines started up.  It is now 7:30pm...

Screenshot_20220831-192310.thumb.png.d513fe68b8a54a97ebad63d655ff6e80.png

I'm just wondering where we are going.

Well, seeing as how at 17knots you can make the trip from CocoCay to Nassau in about 4.5-5 hours, You've got a lot of time to kill for a sea day. If you are in a nice calm area, the captain probably just parked there for a bit to save fuel.

After re-reading it, I guess you were just hanging out and now moving elsewhere, So, any chance that seas were picking up or weather coming in where you were hanging out? Maybe you're just going to somewhere else with calmer seas? You can go pretty far and still make it to Nassau.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Well, seeing as how at 17knots you can make the trip from CocoCay to Nassau in about 4.5-5 hours, You've got a lot of time to kill for a sea day. If you are in a nice calm area, the captain probably just parked there for a bit to save fuel.

Agree, happened to me multiple times. Once during the Day, another on a 5nite Bahama when on a Sea Day at 3am we are stopped with Ship rocking side to side and woke me up

Yea - our guess at the time was to avoid some rain.  Not a lot in the area, just a bit.

We have turned South now and slowly moving.  I didn't know about movie ng to produce water - I'll go with that idea.

12 hours ago, Rewind said:

We were just in CocoCay yesterday, today is a sea day, tomorrow we will be in Nassau.  We were just sitting around about half way in-between, but then around noon the engines started up.  It is now 7:30pm...

I'm just wondering where we are going.

You're heading outside of Bahamian waters to dump grey water.  They do this from time to time.