Back to back guarantees

DaveOKC

We are doing our first B2B in Feb.  Bothe cruises will be guarantee cabins (no choice) and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this situation.  Will we get assigned the same cabin for both or not?  Ship Nieuw Amsterdam.  Obviously would like to keep the same cabin, but not a deal breaker.

We also have the option of going with either signature or neptune cabins if that matters. 

Any thoughts?

We just did the same on the Zaandam.  The cabin was assigned 2-3 wks. before embarkation and we were kept in the same room.  It was exactly what we'd have chosen. 

We did make it clear when booking that we didn't want to do the cruise unless the reservations were combined and the same room retained for the 14 days.  Person at HAL taking our reservation looked at both trips and said that she anticipated no problem.

We did this last March and we're assigned two different rooms, went to the front desk and asked if we could stay in the first room for the second cruise.  They checked and since nobody was booked in the room we were in they let us stay.  Last January we had to move, not a big deal the Stewart's will move everything from one closet to the other, just need to pack up the rest and they will move you.  Not a big deal just takes a bit of time to throw things back in a suitcase then unpack again but at least the closet stuff is already done 

When we were allocated two different rooms for b2b's I checked which was the better room (if any) and if that room was also free on the other cruise.  Then I emailed inventory and they allocated the two rooms so that we would not have to move.

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

When we were allocated two different rooms for b2b's I checked which was the better room (if any) and if that room was also free on the other cruise.  Then I emailed inventory and they allocated the two rooms so that we would not have to move.

Were they both assigned to you at the same time?

3 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Were they both assigned to you at the same time?

I am not 100% on that.  It was a 10 day followed by a 13 day, but I am pretty sure they came within a day or two, if not together.  We are just about to head out on an excursion in Akureyri, Iceland, so I will check this evening when we return to the ship.

@DaveOKC

I have just checked.  Both cruises were in 2019

11day Southern Caribbean March 27 - April 7, followed by a trans atlantic from April 7 - April 20.

I received both stateroom numbers on February 12th and emailed that day with details and my preferred available stateroom and within an hour I received a new booking confirmation with the requested stateroom.

9 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

@DaveOKC

I have just checked.  Both cruises were in 2019

11day Southern Caribbean March 27 - April 7, followed by a trans atlantic from April 7 - April 20.

I received both stateroom numbers on February 12th and emailed that day with details and my preferred available stateroom and within an hour I received a new booking confirmation with the requested stateroom.

Thanks - hopefully that will work out as well for me!  Last month I was able to move my Neptune guarantee after I did not like my assignment to a better location (IMO) but it was in the same category (SA).  That worked out well, so I hope the next one will as well.  I did this via email through my PCC and it took all of 15 minutes!