Good Holland America agents

arrow606

Hello, We have a Holland America agent "assigned" to us, and would like a recommendation for a different one. Our current agent called us and seemed annoyed we did some things online without consulting her.  I get that she missed a commission, but I would prefer to work with someone else.  Any recommendations?

I see this come up a lot, and am intrigued.

What makes a "good" PCC vs. a bad one?

Mine gets back to me in 24 hours or less, and makes notes on my file at my request for celebrations. Her phone etiquette isn't always on point, but that's most people now a days. She's never offered a comp, (even if there's a big milestone, simple bottle of wine or a flower bouquet would have gone a long way) but has always answered my questions.

Is this considered good or bad? I would have thought just normal.

Last year we finally decided to try cruising again since COVID and booked Alaska next week. Since last year our PCC retired so we ended up with another PCC. We called last week to book a December cruise and found out our new PCC has now retired. We were assigned a new consultant but instead of calling us back about booking the December cruise she emailed us saying that we must be excited about our upcoming cruise. No mention about the December cruise we wanted to book. We would love to use a travel agent again but soon as you give them the booking you no longer can talk to HAL directly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

I see this come up a lot, and am intrigued.

What makes a "good" PCC vs. a bad one?

Mine gets back to me in 24 hours or less, and makes notes on my file at my request for celebrations. Her phone etiquette isn't always on point, but that's most people now a days. She's never offered a comp, (even if there's a big milestone, simple bottle of wine or a flower bouquet would have gone a long way) but has always answered my questions.

Is this considered good or bad? I would have thought just normal.

I would say one that gets back to you within the day or the next day.  Also one that knows how to resolve issues or answer questions properly and doesn't make stuff up on the fly.  Nobody knows everything but don't answer with something that makes no sense.

• Like 4