Another Flight Question

CozGurl

I've read here that you cannot call the airline and change flights in anyway and that NCL can't change anything. But, we just got flight info today and we don't fly home until 6:30 that evening. I don't know whether to book the ship's excursion to kill a few hours on the way back to LAX or just go hangout at the airport and hope we can get on an earlier flight. Anyone have success with changing flights at the airport? 

Thanks julig22. Is Delta the only airline that might allow a change in general, or specifically for NCL air? I know on Southwest years ago I was able to get on an earlier flight because of a storm coming in. We are flying American Airlines on this particular flight. Not sure how wiling they might be. 

I guess we could wait until closer to the date to see if the flights before us are very full or not. I just don't understand why airlines aren't more flexible if their flights aren't full. What does it hurt them to be accommodating???? 

14 minutes ago, CozGurl said:

Thanks julig22. Is Delta the only airline that might allow a change in general, or specifically for NCL air? I know on Southwest years ago I was able to get on an earlier flight because of a storm coming in. We are flying American Airlines on this particular flight. Not sure how wiling they might be. 

I guess we could wait until closer to the date to see if the flights before us are very full or not. I just don't understand why airlines aren't more flexible if their flights aren't full. What does it hurt them to be accommodating???? 

Whether or not you can change depends on the airline policy for the tickets - which are normally nonrefundable.  Terms for bulk purchase tickets are way different than tickets you would buy as an individual. Delta is the only one people have mentioned, pretty sure AA will not change.

I'll share our positive flight change experience on United, on a connecting flight. 

We were supposed to have a 3 1/2 hour layover in Newark. After arrival in Newark and walking to our connecting gate for the long wait, we noticed another flight currently boarding going to the same airport (Orlando).  We walked up to the gate agent and asked if there were two seats available, and there were, and they reticketed us on the spot, we walked right on, getting there 3 hours earlier than planned.  We had carry-one bags only so luggage making it to the destination was not an issue. 

So United was very accommodating. We were in basic economy class, not booked by NCL. 

My kids were flying on American booked by NCL to arrive the day before a Thanksgiving week cruise. Atlanta to Miami. Bad weather caused multiple cancellations with the flight rebooked by American to arrive after the cruise left. Neither American nor NCL would do anything or refund any money. It was a two for one NCL perk. My family drove all night from Atlanta and got to the ship in time. The return flights which they no longer needed were booked to leave Miami at 10:30 pm the day the ship returned. ( I guess you get what you pay for). The buck was passed back and forth for months. Eventually the insurance paid half the cost of the booked flights. Never again