Captain's Club Internet Discount & Contact info to leave for family?

kroberst

2 questions:

1) I received an email that we could call to upgrade our internet package to the higher speed based on the Captain's Club discount. I tried a couple of times but they are very busy and hold times significant. Does anyone know if I can take advantage of the discount upgrading when I get on board?

2) Where would I find the emergency number that you can leave for family to get a hold of you while on the ship? My searching is giving the number that I would call because I have an emergency (maybe it's the same?) TIA!

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I called the number in the Cruise Planner to upgrade about 2 weeks ago and the phone was answered in 4 mins.  If they just sent our a mass mailing with a discount that could account for the longer wait time.

Thanks! I will try again. It was shortly after the email came out.

For calling the ship, I found this:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/ship-contact-info

That sounds like it could cost someoneas much as $80 to try and reach you (even if they don't get through to you personally).  

If you plan on having a wifi package, you can enable wifi calling and texting on your phone before you leave (you need to be in your home network when you enable it).  That's worked rather well for us when we've been on board.  The option to call the ship always is there for someone if they wifi calling didn't work and they just had to get word to you immediately, but wifi calling or texting is a great Plan A.