Covid Testing Appointment Time

realnice46

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Who knows if your flight will be on time?  How far is the hotel from the airport?  Too many variables.  I'd just self-test with Emed or on Saturday with OnPoint.

Don’t want to do that. I just thought someone would have approximate time I should allow if all goes well.

My last few flights (including one to Vancouver) have all gotten in late at least 2 hours. Maybe it is bad luck, maybe just a sign of the times. I would figure a few hours for delays, and then 2-3 hours at the airport. When we flew through Vancouver last there was a 'baggage delay' and it took over an hour after we were through passport control to get our bags. We then waited at for a taxi for a good bit of time.I think we arrived at our hotel 4 hours late. May be worth it to travel with a pack of rapid tests that are acceptable for an online proctor service incase you miss your appointments! 

On 9/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, realnice46 said:

Our flight arrives in Vancouver Friday at 11AM and will make appointment for test that same day. What is earliest I should schedule appointments to allow for going thru customs, picking up baggage and transportation to our hotel?

As said who knows.  Use a government free covidctest and test with Rapidtestandtrace.com or another proctored test.

Impossible without knowing where you are staying. 

Bottom line is IF your flight is on time and IF your flight doesn't change and IF your luggage arrives and IF customs goes quickly maybe 2 hours.  Again it could be the next day.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

As said who knows.  Use a government free covidctest and test with Rapidtestandtrace.com or another proctored test.

Impossible without knowing where you are staying. 

Bottom line is IF your flight is on time and IF your flight doesn't change and IF your luggage arrives and IF customs goes quickly maybe 2 hours.  Again it could be the next day.

Thank you all. I made our appointment for 2PM that gives us 3 hrs, so we should be good. We can cancel if it looks like we would be late.