Set sail pass

ceo418

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Both will work.  Paper is nice so you don't have to fumble with your phone.

or your battery goes dead.  DW had that happen at the airport as we were about to board.  Now she knows why I always have paper backup.  Sacramento airport a few years ago had the check in system go down and nobody could check in at the gate, except for people with paper boarding passes.  Look on my DW face, priceless.  

• Like 2

I would have both, we were sailing out of Vancouver and had trouble getting a phone signal at the port.  Luckily  we had paper copies of everything or we might have been there a while trying to get a phone signal.  

• Like 1

I'm a "paperless" person.  I scan and store all my docs that aren't required to be produced in original form...except when I travel.  I always take paper copies.  I don't want to rely on my phone or Internet service, etc. to make sure I get on that ship or plane.  I'll use my phone, but the paper is there as a backup.  

• Like 3

We had issues with internet access in the terminal last week  and I simply presented the paper copy of our boarding passes and we were good to go.  There were a couple of couples struggling to bring up their documents on the phones that we went around.

We use the paper ones as a backup but it's nice to know we have the option of using our phones in case something happens to the printouts.

Also seeing the look on my niece's face when we showed her the ticket/boarding pass on Labor Day was PRICELESS! This is her second cruise overall, first on Royal.

• Like 1