Aqua Class, Stateroom 1540

Jerrym1

Hello all.  I found the thread for cabin information on the Solstice Class (since we will be sailing on the Eclipse).  We usually go Aqua Class.  The last time we sailed on the Equinox, we were down the hall but heard someone in 1535 say they had some noise at night from the Service Door across from their Cabin.  We are currently booked for Cabin 1540 on our upcoming sailing, and I happened to read a comment that there is a Service Door on that side of the ship as well right across from our 1540.  Could someone plz let me know if this is correct?  At this point, I have time to switch rooms with no problem (preferably to 1525).  Thanks in advance for any comments from those who have stayed in Cabin 1540 on any S Class ship!  

Edited by Jerrym1

I can't confirm anything about 1540 but I was in 1523 and my mom and dad in 1525 on the Port Side.  No service doors across from the cabin or anything to cause noise around or above.  1540 is not far from the hallway you get to the inside cabins and then the Spa access area so maybe that would cause some noise over there?

🍹

Thank you Pink.  I think I saw one of your posts from the past about being in 1525 with your parents next door.  Hope you guys have a blast!  I do recall booking 1525 years ago (on Equinox) and it did seem quiet. It's interesting that I've found a few comments on CruiseCritic about the Service Door noise across from 1535, but only one minor mention about a Service Door across from 1540.  I just don't see a downside to switching to 1525 now, other than not having as easy access to the 'secret' spiral stairs.  Thanks so much!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jerrym1 said:

Thank you Pink.  I think I saw one of your posts from the past about being in 1525 with your parents next door.  Hope you guys have a blast!  I do recall booking 1525 years ago (on Equinox) and it did seem quiet. It's interesting that I've found a few comments on CruiseCritic about the Service Door noise across from 1535, but only one minor mention about a Service Door across from 1540.  I just don't see a downside to switching to 1525 now, other than not having as easy access to the 'secret' spiral stairs.  Thanks so much!

I was on the Equinox last year with those cabins.  I was 1523, bed by the bathroom.  1525, bed by the balcony.  

Yes, I've posted before about them when a question has come up about Aqua cabins.  😉

Enjoy your cruise!

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

Thank you again!  I just posted on an existing thread that mentioned 1540, just in case anyone was aware of any issue.  My plan is to switch to 1525 when my better half gets home and agrees (or not).  Have a great evening!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 6:50 PM, Jerrym1 said:

Thank you again!  I just posted on an existing thread that mentioned 1540, just in case anyone was aware of any issue.  My plan is to switch to 1525 when my better half gets home and agrees (or not).  Have a great evening!

Everything I read on the cabin reviews on 1540 sounded good and quiet. I have that booked for an upcoming cruise also .

• 8 months later...

Frequent gym and spa goers love the forward starboard cabins on this deck (11). Quick, easy access to the gym, spa, Persian Gardens, locker rooms and saunas (Deck 12) via the famed secret hallway and staircase. Hallway and staircase cannot be access on the port side.

A few other points:

* The starboard 1502-1520 cabins also have a direct view of the water below without obstructions.

* I would perhaps avoid 1502-1512 though as they're, imo, too close to the bridge which partially obstructs the forward view.

* Possible downside to cabins 1520 and 1540 is that you may hear banging on the walls by passengers using mobility aids in the adjacent accessible cabins (1538/1522).

We have been in 1540 at least 5 times.  We desire this particular room on S class (except for Reflection) because it is under the hair salon.  The service door has never been an issue for us.

We also prefer the lack of overhang.  It's just far enough away from the window washing gear so as not to be view obstructed.  Very convenient to spa and forward elevators.