Princess Plus is it $16 or is it $12 limit on drinks

Don't get sucked in on this one.

It is $16 Australian, $12 US.

When you work through a booking or you are sussing things out, the US version of the package options is displayed. Quite a few people thrown off by it, including me, and I had people telling me on our last cruise that they were cutting the drinks package.

Pay as you go unless you are going to imbibe heavily.

As a solo traveller now it will be two ciders before dinner, glass of vino with dinner and that is it, probably $30 a day on Coral for me.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Pay as you go unless you are going to imbibe heavily.

As a solo traveller now it will be two ciders before dinner, glass of vino with dinner and that is it, probably $30 a day on Coral for me.

Managed to get the value on my June cruise 3 cocktails 1 glass of wine with dinner 2 bottles of water and 2 specialty coffees 

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Managed to get the value on my June cruise 3 cocktails 1 glass of wine with dinner 2 bottles of water and 2 specialty coffees 

Cheers Carole

Tis the cocktails that do the damage to the final account, my wife liked the Mojitos. If I took the package I would be blotto by dinner time after 15 adult beverages.

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Tis the cocktails that do the damage to the final account, my wife liked the Mojitos. If I took the package I would be blotto by dinner time after 15 adult beverages.

You don’t have to have the 15 drinks I would be speaking in tongue’s after that many if I wasn’t comatosed

Cheers Carole

Edited by Elorac123
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

On my cruise last week I was averaging around 5 or 6 alcoholic drinks per day.

We do the same - a cocktail before dinner, wine with dinner and sometimes lunch, an after dinner cocktail or liqueur. 

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I would have a few Ciders or beers, then a few cocktails and a wine with dinner

You sure got your value then Mic. Is Somersby the only on board cider?

It is ok but prefer some others like Mercury Draught or Bulmers.

4 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

It’s Aussie dollars,,,double checked after my “sucked I “ post yesterday 😂 

Cheers Carole

Like I said though, when you go to select your package, in erroneously adds the US details for each of the packages. It has done this since they introduced the premier package. This is the only spot the error shows, and this is what matters - also current on their site:

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/au/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

If you drink half a dozen cocktails 🍸 per diem, the package is reasonable.

The package is break even at 3 cocktails and a coffee, or 6 beers.

I should add, that is when you book as part of the plus fare. I gather it is dearer if purchased separately aboard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

he package is break even at 3 cocktails and a coffee, or 6 beers.

It also depends a bit on what price you can get the package.

We were lucky enough for our upcoming cruise on Majestic to snare the plus package for $30pppd. Considering it includes wifi, I thought this was spectacular value. We've never bothered taking the package because we would be lucky to drink 1-2 alcoholic beverages a day. But we will easily make up the difference in soft drink and coffees, and can try a cocktail a day or something.

We are also booked for our first RCI cruises in Oct 2023. The prices for their packages in comparison are... eye-opening.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, losfp said:

It also depends a bit on what price you can get the package.

We were lucky enough for our upcoming cruise on Majestic to snare the plus package for $30pppd. Considering it includes wifi, I thought this was spectacular value. We've never bothered taking the package because we would be lucky to drink 1-2 alcoholic beverages a day. But we will easily make up the difference in soft drink and coffees, and can try a cocktail a day or something.

We are also booked for our first RCI cruises in Oct 2023. The prices for their packages in comparison are... eye-opening.

Both eye-opening and eye-watering.

One of our cancel/rebook cruises on Majestic was at $30 per day as well.

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We have the prevoius cruise at a cost of around $50 pp per day for the package, our upcoming cruises were at a cost of $30 pp. The usual cost can be as much as $99 pp and at that price I would pay as I went.

$30 a day, cheap as chips, I would have taken that, but did not see it when I booked. Such is life. I will stick to my two ciders before dinner and a glass of plonk with dinner. Do me. I take my coffee bags and cappuccino sticks to the buffet, hot water is no additional charge. Nothing is free on a cruise ship, you paid for it all somewhere in your ticket price.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1