More Apex questions

glenr

As mentioned in another post I'm on the Apex for the 1/21-1/28 sailing in Aqua class. I have a bunch of questions so please feel free to chime in and give advice. Here goes:

When reserving shore excursions, spa appointments, specialty dining, etc in advance, can you cancel or change these before the cruise without charge?

It seems basic drinks are included in Aqua class. If so, is the upgrade charge for Premium the same as other classes where drinks are not already included? I would think there would be some sort of offset.

Are we automatically booked at Blu every night? How does booking other specialty restaurants affect that, if at all?

What time do shows usually start? Trying to select dinner times accordingly.

Lastly, for those who have tried them, are Edge and Fine Cut Steakhouse worthwhile?

Thanks.

In order:

You can cancel and rebook everything you listed (assuming availability) at will and with no charge.

The cost to upgrade to premium is the difference between premium and classic (currently $15) plus 20% gratuity.

Blu is your main dining room, but if you dine somewhere else, simply don't show up at Blu.

Shows are typically 7pm and 9pm.

I think Edge is a must do, and Fine Cut is very good.

No reservations are taken or needed in Blu, just show up when ready to dine.  If you do go to a specialty restaurant it is nice to tell the Host/Hostess in Blu the day before.  They try and keep you with the same servers so they won't be looking for you.

We recommend Eden, Fine Cut was okay, but not better than a nice steak house at home.

The  beverage package upgrade price is the same regardless of cabin category.  Many in other cabins pay extra to have the drinks, tips, wi-fi added to their booking so they pay the same upgrade price.  

If you book an excursion or specialty restaurant prior to the cruise, you either pay via CC then or use any OBC you have been awarded. If you cancel prior to the cruise (forget how much prior to the departure date), you are reimbursed to your CC or OBC, whatever you used. 

Once on board, if you cancel more than 24hrs prior, you are reimbursed onto your OBC as reimbursable (R-OBC). If within 24hrs of the ‘event’, you lose it. Celebrity tour desk offered to try to sell my canceled tour to another who may sign up the day prior, but it didnt occur.

Den

Agree the EDEN is a must do! We’ve had one good meal and one meh meal at Fine Cut. Like land based steakhouses, the sides are shareable, and I think a small group (4-6) would be optimal for that meal. The restaurant is open to the central atrium and can be noisy at times. If noise is a concern, book an early time and ask to be away from the atrium.

If you are celebrating a special occasion and want a reservation at a particular date and time, go ahead and make that res. Reserve Eden early, if you really want to eat there, they don’t book out the entire restaurant before the cruise, but it can be tricky to get a reservation if you aren’t flexible, although we have been fairly lucky in that regard.

23 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Agree the EDEN is a must do! We’ve had one good meal and one meh meal at Fine Cut. Like land based steakhouses, the sides are shareable, and I think a small group (4-6) would be optimal for that meal. The restaurant is open to the central atrium and can be noisy at times. If noise is a concern, book an early time and ask to be away from the atrium.

If you are celebrating a special occasion and want a reservation at a particular date and time, go ahead and make that res. Reserve Eden early, if you really want to eat there, they don’t book out the entire restaurant before the cruise, but it can be tricky to get a reservation if you aren’t flexible, although we have been fairly lucky in that regard.

Prior to our cruise, we kept trying to get a reservation at Eden and there wasn't any availability. On board, same thing. Then one day when we came out of the buffet after lunch, a young man at the specialty dining desk told us to go to Eden and speak to the Manager. So I did. He asked when we would like to come and I said whenever you can take us. We had a table for two the next night at a perfect time. I'm sure the fact that is was just the two of us helped.