Looking for ideas and information for St Lucia!

roxierox

We will be porting in St Lucia in November on a 12 night cruise on RC Enchantment. Looking for ideas on what to do as  - at this time - there are no ship offered excursions that our group is interested in. General information about the port area would be wonderful as well. Our group consist of two average 56 year olds, a very active 77 year old and a 72 year who recently had a hip replacement. Thanks for your help! 🙂

2 hours ago, roxierox said:

We will be porting in St Lucia in November on a 12 night cruise on RC Enchantment. Looking for ideas on what to do as  - at this time - there are no ship offered excursions that our group is interested in. General information about the port area would be wonderful as well. Our group consist of two average 56 year olds, a very active 77 year old and a 72 year who recently had a hip replacement. Thanks for your help! 🙂

The port area has the usual duty free shops and bars.  Outside and opposite the dock is a covered market stalls area, selling local handicrafts, herbs, spices, chilli sauces etc.. Apart from this there is a only supermarket in the actual local.  Castries is working port/town/offices.

Best to take a tour and see the beauty of this magical island and it’s people.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:49 AM, roxierox said:

Book a tour with Cosol...one of the most highly recommended tour companies on the island.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2022 at 10:49 AM, roxierox said:

It looks like we are on the same cruise! I was looking at the recommended Cosol tour. Did you by any chance book it?

On 10/19/2022 at 9:52 PM, Tall22 said:

It looks like we are on the same cruise! I was looking at the recommended Cosol tour. Did you by any chance book it?

We did book the COSOL tour. We exchanged emails and they were super nice to work with. We are looking forward to it. 🙂

On 10/26/2022 at 11:10 AM, roxierox said:

We did book the COSOL tour. We exchanged emails and they were super nice to work with. We are looking forward to it. 🙂

The info I received from Cosol states meeting time is 9:20 and our itinerary says we dock at 9:00. I am concerned that that does not allow enough time to disembark and make it to the meeting spot. I asked Cosol if there was a difference between ship time and local time that would allow enough time to make it and their response was just that we would have enough time. Do you have any additional info regarding the times and if there is any possible problem with making it to the meeting place on time? Thanks!

On 10/29/2022 at 12:46 PM, Tall22 said:

The info I received from Cosol states meeting time is 9:20 and our itinerary says we dock at 9:00. I am concerned that that does not allow enough time to disembark and make it to the meeting spot. I asked Cosol if there was a difference between ship time and local time that would allow enough time to make it and their response was just that we would have enough time. Do you have any additional info regarding the times and if there is any possible problem with making it to the meeting place on time? Thanks!

Cosol knows when the ship docks and they will wait a certain amount of time for those that booked with them...Enjoy their tours are amazing !!!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Cosol knows when the ship docks and they will wait a certain amount of time for those that booked with them...Enjoy their tours are amazing !!!

That's what I was hoping! 🙂

On 10/29/2022 at 3:46 PM, Tall22 said:

I am in the process of booking a tour with Cosol in St Lucia in early December.  The Celebrity Infinity also docks at 9am and meeting time is 920.  Would love to hear how it works out for you.  Enjoy your cruise!  Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Ann from SC said:

I am in the process of booking a tour with Cosol in St Lucia in early December.  The Celebrity Infinity also docks at 9am and meeting time is 920.  Would love to hear how it works out for you.  Enjoy your cruise!  Thanks!

I will try to remember to let you know!

5 minutes ago, Tall22 said:

I will try to remember to let you know!

Just after I made that post to you, I received a response from a tour operator in another port which led to me learning that the arrival time in four of my ports have been moved to a later time!  Now I won’t be arriving in St Lucia until 10 AM.  So disappointing!  

2 hours ago, Ann from SC said:

Just after I made that post to you, I received a response from a tour operator in another port which led to me learning that the arrival time in four of my ports have been moved to a later time!  Now I won’t be arriving in St Lucia until 10 AM.  So disappointing!  

I haven't been able to cruise in about four years due to health issues and then COVID but in my many earlier cruises the tour operators adjusted their times based on when the ships arrived. This time several have said this is our departure time, period. If your ship isn't here, too bad. I would have thought they were in more need of business. At least with Cosol you don't have to pay ahead of time so if you can't make it, you don't lose your money.

17 minutes ago, Tall22 said:

I haven't been able to cruise in about four years due to health issues and then COVID but in my many earlier cruises the tour operators adjusted their times based on when the ships arrived. This time several have said this is our departure time, period. If your ship isn't here, too bad. I would have thought they were in more need of business. At least with Cosol you don't have to pay ahead of time so if you can't make it, you don't lose your money.

I’m sure they would adjust if ours was the only ship with passengers on the tour.  However, the tour may have others already booked from other ships that will be in port earlier.  I have asked Cosol if there are any other options for me and am awaiting a response.  Thanks 😊 

Hate to see people who are eager to experience the beauty of this wonderful island being disappointed because of a late docking.  So will throw two operators into the ring.

Mystic Man & Israel King, both good and they may be able to do something.

Also, one kindly asks @reedprincess to enter the discussion to assist.

Tall22 and Port Royal, Cosol came through for me!  The tour is leaving at 1030.  Maybe there weren’t other passengers from other ships booked…not really sure…but very pleased!  Port Royal, wasn’t really interested in a speed boat, but appreciate your help once again!  

5 hours ago, Ann from SC said:

Tall22 and Port Royal, Cosol came through for me!  The tour is leaving at 1030.  Maybe there weren’t other passengers from other ships booked…not really sure…but very pleased!  Port Royal, wasn’t really interested in a speed boat, but appreciate your help once again!  

So pleased you’ll see the beauty of this island.  
When on tour, don’t forget to look back for the view from where you came, in addition to front and sides.  Take it all in slowly.  You’re in safe and professional hands, plus you’ll not suffer from ‘dehydration’ with COSOL 😉😀

On 11/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, Ann from SC said:

Of course Cosol came through for you. They have several tour bus and drivers so will fill their bus accordingly from each ship and their arrival times. Enjoy what I know will be a great day !!!