No more Health Questions before boarding????? Health Assertation???

wemjam

So all 4 cruises this year so far I have had to call because we are not using Verifly and 3 days out when I go into my booking the final Health Assertation is not in my booking to do.  I call, they get technical on the phone, say they will fix it and 1/2 a day later it shows up and I go do it.

Just spent an hour on hold because we leave for our family cruise in 3 days (3 rooms) and yet again it isn't there.

I was 100% assured you don't have to do this anymore by 3 different people - effective this week (with the other changes that were implemented after the 6th).  I have been told this before by agents who didn't know what they were talking about, but seems this time they do, but still makes me nervous.  And, I didn't get the normal email from Carnival telling me to go do it either.

Wondering if ANYONE has had to do this in the last day or two for their booking leaving this week/weekend, or are you not seeing it either?  

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

• wemjam changed the title to No more Health Questions before boarding????? Health Assertation???

I'm having the same issue today! At first the questionnaire was there, but I couldn't select answers...now the questionnaire is gone, and it's saying that I have more steps to complete. My vaccination proof was accepted, but it's asking for a test (which it shouldn't be...). I'm stressed!! Following to see if anyone else has info...

FYI - I just got this response from customer service:

"In order to get the new requirements please make sure you update the app, or eventually reinstall the app.

Take note that, for security reasons, your selfie and all of your trips won't be saved in the app when you switch devices or reinstall the VeriFLY app.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Trying it now...if it doesn't work I'll let you know!

28 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Did it for 8/9 sailing but it was more like 72 hours prior to sailing, not 3 days

LOL, isn't 72 hrs pretty much 3 days 😁

I always got the email before telling me I had to do it or use Verifly too by now.... that hasn't happened yet either.

• Like 1

We aren't using Verifly.... we bring our docs, and always do the Health Assertation on the Carnival Website.....

The change of not having to do it just happened this week on 09/07 with all the other things according to the reps I spoke to on phone.

Edited by wemjam

10 minutes ago, wemjam said:

LOL, isn't 72 hrs pretty much 3 days 😁

I always got the email before telling me I had to do it or use Verifly too by now.... that hasn't happened yet either.

About 72 hours before sailing...like 5 pm and then a dozen reminders to fill it out

2 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

About 72 hours before sailing...like 5 pm and then a dozen reminders to fill it out

Well... have about 4 1/2 hours to go...let's see if the reminders to do what I was told I can't do anymore start rolling in... lol!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Got a couple of reminders to do the assessment. We boarded Ecstasy today and never saw it on our to do list. No problem boarding anyways. Training new check in staff, too.

So just to clarify, you did NOT do the health assessment before you boarded the ship, and it was OK.  Did they ask you to do it, or ask you questions at check in maybe?  I know this how they used to do it.

Did you use Verifly maybe and that is why you were OK?  We are not using Verifly.

Yep, got to love it... just called again because I got an email telling me to do it for just 1 of the rooms in our party, and they again told me new protocols just went out yesterday to disregard that email they will verbally ask you a couple health questions at the port only, no more online assessment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Don’t use Verifly. Never did do the final health questions online; it never showed up. They did ask the symptoms questions at check in.

Thanks for info, this does match what they are saying on the phone even though we are getting emails telling us to do it.

Normally wouldn't be a big deal, but we are a group traveling this time together.  We have experienced and brand new cruisers and I am the one coordinating everything.  It is hard enough wrangling all of what we got going on with flights, hotels, shuttles, cruise, etc. then to show up at the port and be "surprised" because we didn't complete something we were supposed to.

• Like 1