The Key breakfast on Freedom

SAmome

Where is it held and what time?  Is it "better" than MDR option or maybe the only option besides a trip to the WJ?  Is there time to do the breakfast AND early walk-off with luggage?  Can you take your luggage to the breakfast area with the Key and roll off from there?  

Oh, also, for the Chops lunch in MDR...... can you order drinks that are on the Chops drink menu?  Or drinks in general; are they easier to order (quicker to receive) they usually are in MDR b/c more staffing for The Key?  

Thanks is advance.

As far as I've heard there is only the embarkation lunch, no debarkation breakfast. 

They do your luggage during this lunch. You can order drinks but they will be whatever price is regular for you not included in the lunch. I get 5 vouchers a day, so they could come off these for instance. Not part of the lunch. 

We've purchased the key in both our August sailings on the Explorer. You get lunch on embarkation day and breakfast on debarkation day. Both in the MDR floor 5. You can drop off you carry on and it will be taken to your stateroom.

On debarkation day, breakfast is from 7-8 am and, when finished, you just walk up to a crew member who is organizing the walkout line and tell them you have the key package. They will walk you to the front of the line.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vettesale said:

We've purchased the key in both our August sailings on the Explorer. You get lunch on embarkation day and breakfast on debarkation day. Both in the MDR floor 5. You can drop off you carry on and it will be taken to your stateroom.

On debarkation day, breakfast is from 7-8 am and, when finished, you just walk up to a crew member who is organizing the walkout line and tell them you have the key package. They will walk you to the front of the line.

Ok good to know.  I usually eat in WJ and walk off by 730 am. I'm gone and back to my cabin by 7 am to get ready to walk off. I've seen the key pax coming early and walk off with them or they go first and I'm right behind. I'm a early bird walking off. 

7 to 8 am sounds late to me. Wj open by 6 am.

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've seen the key pax coming early and walk off with them or they go first and I'm right behind. I'm a early bird walking off. 

Thanks, good to know.  If by the time we finish breakfast the line is processing for walk-offs, is there any perk to having the Key?  Like you get to go to the front of the line or they just let you off first if queued up in time?  We do intend to walk luggage off so not sure if timing works out for the breakfast.

Is the breakfast "better" than early morning WJ buffet, or regular MDR departure day breakfast?  Can those with DP or D+ get drinks at the Key breakfast?  Thanks again.

36 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Thanks, good to know.  If by the time we finish breakfast the line is processing for walk-offs, is there any perk to having the Key?  Like you get to go to the front of the line or they just let you off first if queued up in time?  We do intend to walk luggage off so not sure if timing works out for the breakfast.

Is the breakfast "better" than early morning WJ buffet, or regular MDR departure day breakfast?  Can those with DP or D+ get drinks at the Key breakfast?  Thanks again.

I think I've done 13 on royal since restart and gotten off from 7 am or a little after ..twice for sure by 715 am. Last dec walk off started 730. People were all gone by 720 or 725.

However if its delayed .. grandeur was running slow and they did walk key people to the front of line. I'm not sure how much time it saved but some. At 730 key line was also just sitting but moved shortly after .. someone came along the regular walk off line and pulled key folks out and walked them forward. So at least 15 or 20 minutes they maybe saved. 

I think it depends if they are running on time. Sunday I bet they run early. We have a coast guard inspection  so they hurry everyone off.

745 on rcl is my worst.

My worst on carnival was more like 1030 or so. We had to rescue 2 men and a dog during the night and didnt tie up until 10 am. ..and I had priority. Mess. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think I've done 13 on royal since restart and gotten off from 7 am or a little after ..twice for sure by 715 am. Last dec walk off started 730. People were all gone by 720 or 725.

Thanks for all those details!

3 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Thanks for all those details!

You can debark from forward or aft. A crew member said forward less busy, go there, so now I go forward even if it's a longer walk.

They often start before the time on the tv shown as first walk off. I'm sure with a coast guard inspection they will be pushing to get them off by 9 am. They emailed us to arrive a hour later. 

On 9/9/2022 at 8:25 AM, firefly333 said:

As far as I've heard there is only the embarkation lunch, no debarkation breakfast. 

They do your luggage during this lunch. You can order drinks but they will be whatever price is regular for you not included in the lunch. I get 5 vouchers a day, so they could come off these for instance. Not part of the lunch. 

There is debarkation breakfast that is included.