Princess Internet Pricing

OzKiwiJJ

43 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I haven't purchased yet because the Medallion app showed a total price that worked out at $13.49 pd.

Ā 

That would be the 100% rate, $A13.49 is pretty much twice $A6.75.

Ā 

If I go back into the app, it shows the MedallionNet 1 device packages I have already bought and itĀ  gives me the option to upgrade these to 4 devices for $A6.75/day. Which is what you'd expect.

Just now, SinbadThePorter said:

Ā 

Ā 

If I go back into the app, it shows the MedallionNet 1 device packages I have already bought and itĀ  gives me the option to upgrade these to 4 devices for $A6.75/day. Which is what you'd expect.

That is what I got suspicious about. However, the man at Princess I spoke to a few hours ago told me the discounted rate was $13.49. In a rather incredulous voice I asked him if the full price was $27 and he confirmed it!!!

Ā 

I don't want to speak too soon and jinx it, but I think I have it sorted now. I am on the phone at the moment and will post again when I have completed this call. I hope I have good news. šŸ¤ž

18 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Ā 

Ā 

Something like this -Ā  $74.25Ā  AUD / 11 nights = $6.75. That is for the multi device upgrade though, as we already have the single device as part of plus.

Ā 

Screenshot_20220914-110550_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.1bbd853108867757519ca0340a4263fa.jpg

The latest chapter in the on-going saga of the price of the internet on the Coral Princess.

Ā 

Yesterday afternoon I worked out why I was being quoted such a high price. The Princess Medallion system has an error in my account. Yesterday afternoon I noticed that the little medallion symbol attached to my profile picture is in blue, not black. Before our cruise last June, I was told that this doesn't matter - but it does. Yesterday in one of my several phone calls/live chats to Princess, the agent commented "Your cruise next January will be your first Princess cruise". Gr...... I am coming up to what I call my 'Scheherazade cruise' (1,001 nights). Because I am shown as not having cruised with Princess, the system is quoting the internet for my World Cruise booking next year at the full price (not 50% discount). That is too much difference on such a long cruise.

Ā 

When I told the Princess agent that we have been Elite since 2008, she looked elsewhere on the system and said "Oh yes. You are Elite. You should be getting the 50% discount" but she couldn't apply it. It is now over to the Technical Department of Princess - not the Technical Department of Windows nor the Technical Department of NBN who keep phoning me.

Ā 

I phoned Princess again this afternoon. The agent could see the problem and said "they are working on it".Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There has been database issues, and it was playing on which "version" of me was cruising as to whether medallion even recognised my cruises. Via the chat line, they were able to tidy up and remove some of my old contact details that I had updated years ago. The same CC number is shared among some other of Carnival's lines, so it is possible to have old contact details mangled in. I think their DB has been more of a cause of medallion glitches than the medallion app.

42 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The latest chapter in the on-going saga of the price of the internet on the Coral Princess.

Ā 

Yesterday afternoon I worked out why I was being quoted such a high price. The Princess Medallion system has an error in my account. Yesterday afternoon I noticed that the little medallion symbol attached to my profile picture is in blue, not black. Before our cruise last June, I was told that this doesn't matter - but it does. Yesterday in one of my several phone calls/live chats to Princess, the agent commented "Your cruise next January will be your first Princess cruise". Gr...... I am coming up to what I call my 'Scheherazade cruise' (1,001 nights). Because I am shown as not having cruised with Princess, the system is quoting the internet for my World Cruise booking next year at the full price (not 50% discount). That is too much difference on such a long cruise.

Ā 

When I told the Princess agent that we have been Elite since 2008, she looked elsewhere on the system and said "Oh yes. You are Elite. You should be getting the 50% discount" but she couldn't apply it. It is now over to the Technical Department of Princess - not the Technical Department of Windows nor the Technical Department of NBN who keep phoning me.

Ā 

I phoned Princess again this afternoon. The agent could see the problem and said "they are working on it".Ā 

It looks like they are counting your cruise history in Arabian nights šŸ˜‰

Thank You Julie and everybody else.....Ā  for all the info

Ā 

As I was just starting to think about our up coming cruise on 4th NovemberĀ  Ā to NZ on the Grand,...Ā  Ā  and had read they ""They"" has discontinued the Free Minutes of InternetĀ 

Ā 

and only want to check emails and bank balances a few time...Ā 

Ā 

so from from what I see I can buy 2 separate days while on board for 13 nights

which will suit me fine...... and so one can enjoy the rest of time unplugged...

enjoying too much food and wine.... with the odd G&T... lol

Ā 

Also glad to be using club class dinning so don''t have to deal with this "" dine my way"" thingoĀ  and looking forward to the suite breakfasts....Ā  just sooo good.

Ā 

Cheers DonĀ  Ā with 45 days to goĀ  Ā .... who's counting

Ā 

Princess has FINALLY sorted out my records on their Medallion system. It has been showing me as not having cruised with the company but I have had Elite status since at least 2008. I don't care about the status, but I want to have the benefits that go with it.

Ā 

The problem came to a head when I found that they wanted to charge me full price for the Medallion Net for the world cruise. I have been phoning twice a week - I know, persistent b........ aren't I! The issue has been escalated a few times.

Ā 

Finally this morning someone phoned from Princess in California (that's what the display on my phone showed). She told me the Medallion app had been fixed and she was right. I was able to buy the internet for the WC next year with the 50% discount.šŸ˜ I wanted to lock it in at the current price, just in case they increase it later. I also don't want to wait and buy it on board because reports are that it is more expensive that way. The difference doesn't matter much on a seven-day cruise, but on the WC the difference adds up.

• Like 2