Anthem of the seas photo review

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While it may have happened rarely on some other ships, I don't think it has ever happened on Anthem in the last 3+ years.

Pre covid, October/November 2019 we were in CL.  On Royal's c&a current benefits it says D+ being a..owed back into CL if not labeled a SL.  Anyway I can hope.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

On Royal's c&a current benefits it says D+ being allowed back into CL if not labeled a SL. 

The CL label at the door doesn't mean much - Anthem still has it. The criteria the ship says it uses to deny D+ is the total D+ numbers on board - even on the low capacity sailings after the restart and out of the UK (which typically has fewer D+) that number is above the threshold to allow any D+ in there. Then you add the fact that you are asking about a TA, you can see where this is going.

BTW, even on the few other ships the few times D+ were allowed into the CL, I don't think any of those were TA sailings - just way too many upper tier C&A folks on those sailings.

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The CL label at the door doesn't mean much - Anthem still has it. The criteria the ship says it uses to deny D+ is the total D+ numbers on board - even on the low capacity sailings after the restart and out of the UK (which typically has fewer D+) that number is above the threshold to allow any D+ in there. Then you add the fact that you are asking about a TA, you can see where this is going.

BTW, even on the few other ships the few times D+ were allowed into the CL, I don't think any of those were TA sailings - just way too many upper tier C&A folks on those sailings.

I know but our only post covid TA was the Jewel in April.  CL now labeled SL. Diamond lounge expanded into Viking Crown lounge. Of course there were only 1185 passengers,  most were D!   On Radiance circumnavigation in 2020 we used Safari club in the evening because there were so many D & D+.  Used one of the restaurants for breakfast.   I know it's not likely to happen. 

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

For anyone onboard now or recently.   Sailing on Anthem TA. Anyone know if D+ are being allowed in Concierge Lounge?  Online Royal says D+ allowed back in Concierge Liunge if not changed to Suite !ounce.  online it still shows as Concierge Lounge, not Suite Lounge, but heard they were sending us to Diamond Lounge, which if I recall isn't very big and not in a convenient location. 

Been on Anthem 6 times since May and not once has D+ been allowed into the Concierge Lounge, we are Pinnacle but still enjoy the Diamond lounge much more, better atmosphere. Back on 5th October for 4 cruises including the TA.

6 minutes ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Been on Anthem 6 times since May and not once has D+ been allowed into the Concierge Lounge, we are Pinnacle but still enjoy the Diamond lounge much more, better atmosphere. Back on 5th October for 4 cruises including the TA.

Thanks.  It's what I figured.  The last 2 Anthem cruises, 2019, we had cabins next to CL and dh thinks it's an extension of the cabin!  He likes being close to the coffee maker!  For the TA we're booked 2 cabins away.  Of course it was booked years ago and did a L&S last year after it was cancelled.   Thought of moving it but figured that Royal would want to charge us current rate on a new cabin even if same category which is almost twice what we paid.   

I’m on Anthem currently and I don’t think D+ are allowed in to the CL. It’s very quiet most nights in the lounge but the guys serving are brilliant (Cosme and Conrad).

In terms of breakfast and lunch, you can go to the Coastal Kitchen on deck 14 next to windjammer. I have to say the service there (CK) is fabulous. They’re all so friendly and the banter is really good. They attend so quickly to everything you want. Best I’ve experienced. The food is good as well so no complaints whatsoever. 

Been a couple of times to Chops and whilst the food is OK somebody needs to turn the heating up as it was freezing the three nights we were there. Izumi food is as usual good but the venue location is a bit disappointing. Still we’re there for the food so that’s the main thing. 

We’re in La Coruna tomorrow but we may be late in to port as there was a medical emergency this afternoon and the captain had to sail closer to shore for the helicopter to land. I hope the person involved  is OK.  Heard the Alpha Alpha Alpha call at 0100 this morning so can only assume it’s linked. 

20 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

I’m on Anthem currently and I don’t think D+ are allowed in to the CL. It’s very quiet most nights in the lounge but the guys serving are brilliant (Cosme and Conrad).

In terms of breakfast and lunch, you can go to the Coastal Kitchen on deck 14 next to windjammer. I have to say the service there (CK) is fabulous. They’re all so friendly and the banter is really good. They attend so quickly to everything you want. Best I’ve experienced. The food is good as well so no complaints whatsoever. 

Been a couple of times to Chops and whilst the food is OK somebody needs to turn the heating up as it was freezing the three nights we were there. Izumi food is as usual good but the venue location is a bit disappointing. Still we’re there for the food so that’s the main thing. 

We’re in La Coruna tomorrow but we may be late in to port as there was a medical emergency this afternoon and the captain had to sail closer to shore for the helicopter to land. I hope the person involved  is OK.  Heard the Alpha Alpha Alpha call at 0100 this morning so can only assume it’s linked. 

Thanks. Of course as D+ we are not welcome to CK.  Chops is not on my list.  Will probably eat at Jaimie's and Chef's Table.  And of course mdr, late traditional.