Anthem of the seas photo review

2 hours ago, scottraveller said:

North Star dangling over the sea. $15 per person for the joy. Hate heights so not for me 25E6AD1F-53A1-441D-ABF3-00B6E8947533.thumb.jpeg.2485a443add97711d0c3030f400e66eb.jpeg

We did the north star free ride on Odyssey in May. I wasn't terribly impressed tbh although admittedly when we did it it was raining. Nice to see you finally have some blue skies 

18 hours ago, scottraveller said:

There is a Beatles tribute band and also one for the Jersey Boys called East Coast Boys. Noticed there is also a group called The Dukes playing.  There’s also competitions like name that tune as well. Not seen them yet but will be going along at some stage. Lisbon is a fabulous city and one that my wife and I love coming back to.

Not seen anything regarding the pixels show in 270 Cyn.  If I do I’ll post. 

Sea day tomorrow and I’ll try and post some pics of other parts of the ship like Two 70, Music Hall etc. 

The main dining room attire is pretty standard casual dress. The fancy stuff comes out during the formal nights.

Must mention the five free drinks per D+ member. Works brilliantly well and really impressed with it. First couple of nights we didn’t use up our quota at all but now if we have any spare we get water or cans of lemonade etc. to take to the room. It’s far better in my opinion than the happy hour in the diamond lounge but again that is only my view. 

We loved the Beatles tribute band on our September 4-12th cruise.

Was this the same band on your sailing?.

I agree the 5 free drinks each for us D+ was excellent and we had Pina Coladas, Sauvignon Blanc and Prosecco.

I hope your cruise is as amazing as ours was.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

North Star free on Anthem.

IMG_20220513_154825.jpg

3 hours ago, scottraveller said:

No it’s not free it’s actually $19 per person for the so called extended feature. It’s an offering in the app

Its free when you are in port, when it just goes up and down. Its $19 at sea when it goes over the side as well.

Simon

Edited by sddsddean
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Its free when you are in port, when it just goes up and down. Its $19 at sea when it goes over the side as well.

Simon

We got on on embarkation day in Southampton when it was free.

We were glad we did it but wouldn't dare get on at sea.

I didn't realise there was a cost.

Graham.

IMG_20220909_141053.jpg

Today we’re in Arrecife Lanzarote and decided to go to the beach we’ve done many times before. It’s called Playa Del Reducto and is right next to the Arrecife Gran Hotel. Can’t miss it when you’re in port as it’s the only high rise building in Arrecife. It’s a nice white sand beach and pretty shallow as well. However here comes the bad news the sun lounger seller is no longer there so it’s towels on the beach which my wife and I didn’t fancy so we headed back to the ship. It’s really handy too as it’s a five/ten minute taxi ride to it and I paid 10 euros each way. Must be covid related so can understand why the beach guy is no longer there. You can see the high rise in the distanceC167C68D-F58F-4406-ADE9-9972F8123AA6.thumb.jpeg.0075b3cde8e131e0d7cbcfc18844a69c.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Today we’re in Arrecife Lanzarote and decided to go to the beach we’ve done many times before. It’s called Playa Del Reducto and is right next to the Arrecife Gran Hotel. Can’t miss it when you’re in port as it’s the only high rise building in Arrecife. It’s a nice white sand beach and pretty shallow as well. However here comes the bad news the sun lounger seller is no longer there so it’s towels on the beach which my wife and I didn’t fancy so we headed back to the ship. It’s really handy too as it’s a five/ten minute taxi ride to it and I paid 10 euros each way. Must be covid related so can understand why the beach guy is no longer there. You can see the high rise in the distanceC167C68D-F58F-4406-ADE9-9972F8123AA6.thumb.jpeg.0075b3cde8e131e0d7cbcfc18844a69c.jpeg

Lanzarote is a favourite of ours; we had a couple of land holidays there way back before we started cruising. I've booked Royal's transfer to Puerto del Carmen to revisit it, although I expect that, like you, we will find things are different. 

8 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Lanzarote is a favourite of ours; we had a couple of land holidays there way back before we started cruising. I've booked Royal's transfer to Puerto del Carmen to revisit it, although I expect that, like you, we will find things are different. 

We are going to your OLHOS D Agua before our cruise on Athem can you please tell me where we should go and see around your beautiful country.

christine 

28 minutes ago, nevertolate said:

We are going to your OLHOS D Agua before our cruise on Athem can you please tell me where we should go and see around your beautiful country.

christine 

Oh my goodness, where to even begin?! Hopefully you will have a car to get out and about? Public transport here is rubbish.

Olhos d'Água is lovely. Originally a fishing village that has developed into a modern resort but has still retained its original charm. Look out for the traditional fishing boats pulled up on the beach, which is a little cove with interesting rock formations.

All of the beaches in the area are fabulous; we like to go for long walks along the water's edge and you can do that at Praia da Falésia, which is right next door to you. Other great beaches are Praia da Rocha in the west and Monte Gordo in the east.

Not much in the way of historical stuff, but Silves castle and Sagres, at the westernmost tip of the region, are worth visiting, as are the city of Lagos (not far from Sagres) and the regional capital Faro, right by the airport.

Other nearby resorts are Albufeira (the region's "party" resort, so to speak) and Vilamoura, which has a fabulous marina where you can go for a stroll and enjoy a meal while contemplating the big flashy yachts (obviously this comes with a higher-than-usual price ticket).

If you enjoy walking/hiking, you absolutely should do the Seven Hanging Valleys Trail (or at least part of it): https://www.visitalgarve.pt/en/3593/percurso-dos-sete-vales-suspensos.aspx. It it absolutely magnificent. I took these photos of it back in February.

image.thumb.jpeg.b39f3303763a3f059cd3f2f5ccf9d55c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bb11301f482857a31ad6245d0a9c25c7.jpeg

vzfYL1gcs40QqAooYDc2L5l9v7yZAjhu-6GLx_ZPuGdH4iJqKPhw4oiibk5c_rpkIp9PEd2iGG31ho7opiADbfxDi7Rnxf0ozbNu7B5SAr435Q_0iYl31JJctfBPBWFarpWVjWeB3qNX8JjOBJ3m9JBlNjs2MjLcxB6yPjJa-WeL08aNA3SJsjD4zmtNi-7WWqC0aStzIXWBYvpPZPYqqEqVjN3W2UzuDpAlEem1R35oD3SurHqGW2NFumLNEG-97M4Es62tvEnSWix3eFPBaDvN5m9DrCxuyZPGzSnvG4L0MHCrmR742JvNSFWcOk2Q5zpLu8dCuaxBJFJ4V28QciaeC5wjEupob6b5UUeZyFI3JXa-YPk29hye3h4k2i8qo3OqyX_kwRVv94hNoSqYL_dWZ7Vn_hDbE_iPU6q-_rrznHOWFWFpGh84RrZi6BCS4_RVZLdG-cbk_zX0oBXueisStZWYMK81NbkOhqGXWD7Yd8k7-WAlx_D6_0BJ7FsLrS-jHG-DATqKdhrW7YQ8y8vssyJQIydh_pkgNSgjhwMe5nZjIgy5Hq8HvbDYKLUgsAGvPgc34jUYCKj8NxxyFJU3QwCu-cvKlXVTb6dkkwioGKXeTJS1qimCm8UAetu5nKo2xvE-tPk0H7CPow5ikZoysMU2C49v1jnPXXx5Vuq5_ZmIeolacGdiABUr_4Tblk22tGZW9QHZ-4I4LxgUIZWhfcN749JKKeaqep8VzY1qHVfqZUVKc2xB0Loh=w1062-h799-no?authuser=0

If you're thinking of going to Lisbon during your stay DO NOT drive there. The traffic is a mess. You're far better getting the train and then making use of Lisbon's excellent public transport network. You're also not far from the great Spanish city of Seville (it would take you just a couple of hours to drive there - car is the best option for that one).

Anyway, so as not to overly hijack @scottraveller's great review of Anthem, here is the link to the Algarve's local tourist board website, where you'll find a ton of information to help you make the most of your time here in the region: https://www.visitalgarve.pt/en/default.aspx

Hope this helps and you enjoy your stay. 😊

• Like 2

We are due to sail on 23 Sept cruise.  1st cruise in 2 1/2 years.  😃Can't get any straight answer from RC if we can drop off our luggage early in Southampton.  Anyone know.

Also we are D+ too.  Do they still have special dining areas  or rooms for breakfast?

For anyone onboard now or recently.   Sailing on Anthem TA. Anyone know if D+ are being allowed in Concierge Lounge?  Online Royal says D+ allowed back in Concierge Liunge if not changed to Suite !ounce.  online it still shows as Concierge Lounge, not Suite Lounge, but heard they were sending us to Diamond Lounge, which if I recall isn't very big and not in a convenient location. 

Just now, Biker19 said:

Chances of a D+ getting into a CL on a TA are less than winning the lottery.

Agree, but one can hope.  CL on Anthem is much bigger than DL.  Not sure what will happen but was wondering if D+ had been allowed back in on other cruises.