Disney Dream 5 night questions

lux4me

Hi All,

We are new to Disney cruise. We are an adult couple.  No Kids.  We LOVE Disney.  We go to the parks at least once a year.  We are just back from Disney Paris.  We usually sail the luxury lines Seabourn, Regent etc...Just what we like(small ships)......But a last min change of plans let us jump on the 5 night Oct 24th.  We never wanted to do a large ship but figured what the hell...

a few questions

I was wondering with the rotating dining which is the best night for doing a alternative dinner?

Dress code- Heard everything from shorts to country club casual at dinner..(please help)

how hard is it to get a table for 2?  We are doing 8:15 dining

Anything we should make sure we don't miss?

Thanks for any input

3 minutes ago, lux4me said:

Hi All,

We are new to Disney cruise. We are an adult couple.  No Kids.  We LOVE Disney.  We go to the parks at least once a year.  We are just back from Disney Paris.  We usually sail the luxury lines Seabourn, Regent etc...Just what we like(small ships)......But a last min change of plans let us jump on the 5 night Oct 24th.  We never wanted to do a large ship but figured what the hell...

a few questions

I was wondering with the rotating dining which is the best night for doing a alternative dinner?

Dress code- Heard everything from shorts to country club casual at dinner..(please help)

how hard is it to get a table for 2?  We are doing 8:15 dining

Anything we should make sure we don't miss?

Thanks for any input

The only "dress code" DCL has is "no swimwear in the main dining rooms at dinner, please" (well, except for Remy/Palo, they have a higher level of dress required).  Beyond that, you'll see all manner of dress at dinner, from cutoffs/t-shirts to full formal wear.  Do what works for you.

You can have the request to be seated alone added to your reservation, but it's not guaranteed.  At late seating it seems to be more often granted.  Or, if you book Concierge, the default is to have a separate table for only your party.

We've been cruising DCL without kids for quite a while now, we've never had our request for a separate table denied.  We do main seating which is the busier of the two.

Since you'll be on for 5 nights, you'll go to each dining room at least once as long as you don't do the alternative dining the 3rd night.  Our preference is to do it on Pirate night since that is our least favorite menu.

Palo and Remy are the only dining experiences with a stricter dress code, as mentioned above you'll see everything else in the MDRs.

2 hours ago, JHCruiser123 said:

Can you request a separate table in advance before you board?  

You can have the request added to your reservation.  As I noted, it's not guaranteed, but DCL does try to accommodate such requests.  Just give DCL a call and have them add the request.