Bon Voyage Gifts

WinterEscape2020

2 minutes ago, WinterEscape2020 said:

It's been a long time since we've cruised. Even with the bevy packages, we still like to order for ourselves, a bottle of rum & beer, for our cabin. IS it even allowed to get hard liquor? Can you recommend a 3rd party service, that delivers to the ship?

Recommend you ask this on the forum for whatever cruise line you are sailing on since there are different alcohol policies on each line.  I highly doubt though, that any of them allow third party alcohol deliveries.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

1 hour ago, WinterEscape2020 said:

It's been a long time since we've cruised. Even with the bevy packages, we still like to order for ourselves, a bottle of rum & beer, for our cabin. IS it even allowed to get hard liquor? Can you recommend a 3rd party service, that delivers to the ship?

most  main stream lines do not allow hard liquor  to be brought on

Just  a bottle or 2 of wine

2 hours ago, WinterEscape2020 said:

Even with the bevy packages, we still like to order for ourselves, a bottle of rum & beer, for our cabin. IS it even allowed to get hard liquor? Can you recommend a 3rd party service, that delivers to the ship?

There are no 3rd party deliveries of alcohol (on any mainstream line at least). You will be able to pre-order a bottle of rum and probably the beer, but the size and price of the bottle, and number and price of beer will vary on the cruise line.

For example, on Holland America you can preorder 1 liter of either Bacardi White rum or Myers Dark for $70.80 ($60+18% service), for your cabin, to be drunk only in your cabin. A package of Bacardi White + 3 cans of Coke is $82.60 ($70+18%). Assorted beers are available in 5-can packages, total prices of $33 to $36.  

• Like 1

I prefer flowers.  But, if it is a Christmas cruise, most cruise lines will offer a small table top light and decorated Christmas Tree (HAL has two different sizes) that are beautiful and can be taken home.  The tree that I bought for my traveling companion and me is the tree that I use at Christmas.  

• Like 2

On 9/19/2022 at 8:22 AM, WinterEscape2020 said:

Some cruise lines allow you to order liquor directly from the cruise line for your cabin.  We have done so on both Princess and Holland America for example.  You may check with your Travel Agent regarding the cruise line you are on, to see if available.   I have ordered Rum for my brother-in-law, all lines have beer.