Trip insurance reimbursement

Lyndihop

I'm going through this right now...and I'm NOT happy with HAL. 

My TA canceled an October cruise on August 30 using the Platinum Protection Plan we'd purchased.  I was told 10 -14 days for the refund.  I waited 21 days--yesterday-- before re-submitting the claim myself using the email provided on the HAL website.  Only that re-submission seemed to get them moving. 

I got an email this morning telling me that I should have the refund "by the end of the month"--a magical 10 days away.

I tried faxing the info too, BUT THE FAX # DOESN'T WORK.

In this day & age, there's no reason for ANY refund to take 10-14 days, let alone the 30 DAYS that I'm experiencing.

These companies turn customers into dunning harpies just so we can get what we're owed and there's no reason for that.  It just infuriates me.  Press a button. Refund $.  Easy peasy.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 6:40 PM, OHCruiser said:

I'm going through this right now...and I'm NOT happy with HAL. 

My TA canceled an October cruise on August 30 using the Platinum Protection Plan we'd purchased.  I was told 10 -14 days for the refund.  I waited 21 days--yesterday-- before re-submitting the claim myself using the email provided on the HAL website.  Only that re-submission seemed to get them moving. 

I got an email this morning telling me that I should have the refund "by the end of the month"--a magical 10 days away.

I tried faxing the info too, BUT THE FAX # DOESN'T WORK.

In this day & age, there's no reason for ANY refund to take 10-14 days, let alone the 30 DAYS that I'm experiencing.

These companies turn customers into dunning harpies just so we can get what we're owed and there's no reason for that.  It just infuriates me.  Press a button. Refund $.  Easy peasy.

It took 6 weeks for me to get money reimbursed from a non cruise vacation with generali.  They said on the front end that with all the Covid claims and lack of staff that it would be at least 30 days to get to the claim.