Purchasing water before my cruise on Serenade of the Seas question

hisfirstm8

Has anyone been on the Serenade recently and if so, can you tell me the type of water I might receive if I make a purchase online.  I have heard on some cruises it is bottled water and on others it is cans.  I can't drink water that contains a lot of magnesium, so thought I might ask before I make a purchase.  I can always wait until we are on the cruise and check things out.  Thanks!!

We were on the Ovation in late July and the Explorer earlier this month.  On the Ovation, the wife ordered a water package, I think it was 12 or 24 bottles.  On the Explorer, we only got the Diamond welcome aboard waters.  All were very generic bottled water.    Could be different on other ships and/or sailings.  I think it really depends on what's most available.  Supply chain is still a problem for LOTS of things...

We carried a couple of bottles onto the Explorer with us along with cans of Dr. Pepper. 

12 minutes ago, hisfirstm8 said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I'm thinking I might just bring a few bottles onboard and get the diamond welcome water.

Can you tell me how to make sure it is water we get and not soft drinks?

You have to call C&A to update your welcome gift(s) 

On 9/20/2022 at 12:13 PM, shipgeeks said:

There have been reports of plastic bottles and cans; no sure way to predict.

We just take our own water bottles and fill them in the cabin and WJ, with or without ice. (In WJ, fill a clean glass then pour into personal bottle.)

Agree. Was on Jewel in April-May and they even had 1lt GLASS Bottles one wk then Cans the next

I believe that unless you have made a choice, the default Diamond welcome aboard drinks are water.  You can choose sodas or juices by calling and Diamond+ adds beer to the available choices.  But it certainly wouldn't hurt to call C&A to verify waters as your preference.