Sky Princess Widow Suite, (S7) deck 17.

JeremyK1956

Hi, does anyone have any experience of the S7 Window suites on Sky Princess? I see that they are directly under the "Sanctuary", (which I appreciate is referred to as a "quieter area"), but I would imagine there is the potential for the sun loungers (etc) to cause disturbance to the staterooms on deck 17, especially earlier in the morning when being set up. I have made the mistake on a previous cruise of being under the pool deck, although I am hopeful the smaller "sanctuary area would not be such an issue. Any guidance would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, atchisog said:

We were in S107 on Discovery for 7day Alaska Cruise. Quietest Cabin I have ever been in (30 cruises in various cabin types and locations). Area is very private, pool/bar area is close.

Did you miss the balcony?

On 9/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, JeremyK1956 said:

Hi, does anyone have any experience of the S7 Window suites on Sky Princess? I see that they are directly under the "Sanctuary", (which I appreciate is referred to as a "quieter area"), but I would imagine there is the potential for the sun loungers (etc) to cause disturbance to the staterooms on deck 17, especially earlier in the morning when being set up. I have made the mistake on a previous cruise of being under the pool deck, although I am hopeful the smaller "sanctuary area would not be such an issue. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I don't think there are many loungers in the very front area.

1 hour ago, ChutChut said:

I don't think there are many loungers in the very front area.

I did a check on a You Tube walkthrough and they are all around the front. No longer going to be an issue though as I booked S108 yesterday and it will be cancelled tomorrow. S108 is VERY different to the video I saw of S107. This is down to the accessible O6 ocean view cabin next to it, S106, taking considerable floor space from the S18 window suite. None of this is shown on the deck plan, I just looked into it after being surprised by the differences in S107 and S108 videos. I do not know why, unlike other cruise lines, Princess do not show accurate indication of stateroom sizes, the accessible cabin, S106, is considerably wider than the other O6 cabins that are adjacent yet the deck plan shows them all the same size.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, atchisog said:

There is a 1-2 foot width difference between S107 and S 108. S107 being wider. This difference is enough to have the beds position differently. S107 faces from of ship, S108 is orthogonal to front.

It is a lot more than 1 or 2 feet. S107 has the width of the bed, two side cabinets and good space in between the wall/cabinets/bed against the bathroom wall, in S108 the bed is lengthways against the bathroom wall and still sticks out some way at the end of the wall, (and the beds are only about 150mm/6 inches longer than the width, I have one at home).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZWMoEXxBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVpEOX6sf3o

The booking will be changed today, I liked the look of S107, I do not like S108, just glad I noticed it now.

• Thanks 1

Update: Princess agreed with me, and whereas they do not usually allow booking downgrades, (only upgrades), they have kindly allowed it in this instance. I am now in a mini suite on deck 14 instead, (which I also had earlier this year so I know it is okay).

7 hours ago, JeremyK1956 said:

It is a lot more than 1 or 2 feet. S107 has the width of the bed, two side cabinets and good space in between the wall/cabinets/bed against the bathroom wall, in S108 the bed is lengthways against the bathroom wall and still sticks out some way at the end of the wall, (and the beds are only about 150mm/6 inches longer than the width, I have one at home).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZWMoEXxBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVpEOX6sf3o

The booking will be changed today, I liked the look of S107, I do not like S108, just glad I noticed it now.

No wonder my close to minimum upgrade bid for a Window suite was accepted for our upcoming Oct 8 Discovery Princess sailing.

We were assigned S108...thanks for the heads up on the smaller size of S108 as I would have been expecting S107 layout based on the youtube videos.  As best I can tell, S108 has two less front window panes than S107 in the bedroom.  If each window pane is 1.5 ft wide, then we would lose 3 ft.  If each window pane is 2 ft wide, then we would lose 4 ft.

But I can't complain too much as I get a full suite for probably close to half of what I would have paid for this suite if booked up front.

And I'll report back on any noise issues from Sanctuary.

Edited by CalTexCruiser

26 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

No wonder my close to minimum upgrade bid for a Window suite was accepted for our upcoming Oct 8 Discovery Princess sailing.

We were assigned S108...thanks for the heads up on the smaller size of S108 as I would have been expecting S107 layout based on the youtube videos.  As best I can tell, S108 has two less front window panes than S107 in the bedroom.  If each window pane is 1.5 ft wide, then we would lose 3 ft.  If each window pane is 2 ft wide, then we would lose 4 ft.

But I can't complain too much as I get a full suite for probably close to half of what I would have paid for this suite if booked up front.

And I'll report back on any noise issues from Sanctuary.

I have changed my room after Princess agreed and kindly allowed me to "downgrade" to a mini suite. There is a short video of S108 on YT, search for  "Sky Princess ocean view suite S108 on sundeck". As you say, it is a full suite, and the benefits are great so I am sure you will enjoy yourselves and have a great time. We were doing it to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary and as S107 really impressed us I booked S108, and, whereas I am sure S108 is fine, it is not the same and it does not have the same "wow" factor, (for us). I intend to book the S107 on an early cruise next year. Hope you enjoy your trip.  

• 3 weeks later...

@JeremyK1956

So having stayed a week in S108 (the smaller of the 2 window suites) on the Discovery Princess, the following are my observations:

1) I like this suite...the online video does not do justice to how spacious the suite feels.  It may be smaller than S107, but it is still nice.  The bedroom size is fine...does not feel small at all, especially since the panoramic views give the entire suite a very roomy feel.

2) The 90 view out the front side of the suite is great.  I enjoy watching the ship pull into port.  We also had a fantastic view of Los Arcos when the ship anchored in Cabo.  

I thought that I might miss the balcony, but not a big deal.  It was very hot in Mexico anyway so I would not have used the balcony much.  And this suite would be excellent for cold weather sailings such as Alaska, Norwegian Fjords, etc.

3) Very quiet cabin.  There may be the occasional deck chair noise from the Sanctuary above, but those last a few seconds and is very rare.  

4) Love the proximity to the Retreat pool (and its bar).  I can literally walk a few steps whenever I feel like it to grab a cocktail.

5) Easy walk to the buffet...just head aft, walk down one deck to the main pool, and then to the buffet area.

6) It is a bit far to get to the Concierge Lounge, but we only go there to grab canned soft drinks...no reason for us to hang out there as our suite has a much nicer view anyway from our living room.

7) I'm used to Celebrity Retreat.  Princess' suite service does not really compare.  No butler.   Club Class dining is not at the level of a dedicated suite restaurant.  But as long as one sets expectations sufficiently low, I guess staying in a suite on Princess is ok.

We had S108 on Sky Princess booked for our January 2023 cruise until I read this. Luckily S107 was still available and I called Princess this morning and was able to switch to S107 with no issues. We still would have been fine in S108 but glad I was able to switch. Thankful to read about these differences - I had no idea! 

Edited by bagney
Correction