Halifax after Fiona?

Scoup

I don't believe they got hit quite as hard as other parts of Nova Scotia.  I know there was quite a bit of damage in the older part of town where there were a lot of older trees.  
I would say they will be fine by October 21 st though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scoup said:

Will be in port at Halifax October 21 on NCL Breakaway.  Just wondering how the city is fairing?

We are currently on the QM2 and had Sydney cancelled. After several ports we will in Halifax 10/5. Heard Halifax took a hit and wondering how we will be notified.

We just left Halifax a day after the storm, , it did not get hit by the storm enough to do any damage  in the downtown area, it was nice and sunny, calm seas and everyone was out and about on the promenade.possible other areas of Halifax may have sustained some damage, but believe Sydney and PEI were hit much harder. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We are currently on the QM2 and had Sydney cancelled. After several ports we will in Halifax 10/5. Heard Halifax took a hit and wondering how we will be notified.

Just saw an update that power has been restored to 90% of Halifax. 

Compared to about 50% of Sydney as of today with some estimates being Oct 2nd-5th for restoration. 

i don’t think you’ll have an issue. 

Sydney and surrounding area is still in a state of emergency with the military brought in to help cleanup. 

Edited by 1kaper

11 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

Just saw an update that power has been restored to 90% of Halifax. 

Compared to about 50% of Sydney as of today with some estimates being Oct 2nd-5th for restoration. 

i don’t think you’ll have an issue. 

Sydney and surrounding area is still in a state of emergency with the military brought in to help cleanup. 

No problem.  We have plenty to do on  the QM2 and will eventually step foot on land.

We enjoy Days at Sea with loads of Program Activities. So no stress felt on board. Even walking the Promenade Deck with umbrellas.

Thank you...