Set sail issues?

LINDAE3213

my morning began when my car did not start and had to wait an hour for AAA... my battery was fine .. turns out he said first cold morning in NJ  and too much water in the fuel  .. .he likened it to a bad batch of gas from the nearby wawa.

so i got to work late and have been frantically scrambling all day with issues.

just saw the messages and went online and got my boarding passes !   thanks for the heads up.

they did not seem to load on my app but will try that again later from home.  for now i have  the printed versions and am very grateful for the updates here which prompted me to look 

I've documented this issue in here a few times for the past couple weeks.  Can't get set sail pass on mobile or PC/Laptop.  I've emailed, no response.  I've called and I was told that they passed it on to IT.  Didn't do any good.  Called again on Saturday and the lady said that she saw where I called about a week ago but she was going to get an IT Ticket # for me.  I was put on hold for a while two or three times.  She eventually said that she was waiting on the "Resolutions"😁🤣 Desk to generate a ticket #.  I said wait a minute, I called last week and you are just now getting a ticket # for the issue I reported last week?  Her response was that the first time you call, the take note of the issue and just hope that the issue resolves itself. Well, it didn't and I asked did anybody check on it to see if it had resolved itself.  She said no, they wait for the customer/guest/passenger to call back.  I let her know that that is a bunch of B.S.  So, I now have a Ticket # but no Set Sail Pass/Boarding Pass, yet.  My cruise is Oct 31st.  So, I have a little time left.  

This is my mantra, "ROYAL "IT" IS INCOMPETENT. ROYAL "IT" SUCKS" 

Edited by Ret MP

Ours has also showed up!!  Very happy with the assignment that I can now see with the barcode trick.  Now the quandary — we actually bid on this category, but are not “officially” assigned it yet.  Should I cancel the bid?  We also bid on the next level up, which I will obviously keep. (And I have double checked, not charged for an upgrade, it still shows as an active bid, etc)

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, unlikely that assignment will change.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.  While you were sharing it, I was creating a thread for opinions, lol. I agree with you, but will hold off a bit just cuz now I’m curious what the broader consensus is

2 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

but will hold off a bit just cuz I’m curious what the broader consensus is

And take a chance RCI will charge you for something you already have? You can always resubmit your bid, buy you can't get your money back after a Royal Up win.

Edited by Biker19

It’s a $10 bid, so not super worried about it.  The deck number has already been removed from the set sail pass — now says “reprint” instead of 10.  But the one I put in my wallet, shows the deck number.  I guess i just don’t fully trust their IT dept at the moment

Edited by 3kidsncats

26 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Ours has also showed up!!  Very happy with the assignment that I can now see with the barcode trick.  Now the quandary — we actually bid on this category, but are not “officially” assigned it yet.  Should I cancel the bid?  We also bid on the next level up, which I will obviously keep. (And I have double checked, not charged for an upgrade, it still shows as an active bid, etc)

What is the barcode trick?

29 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

If you actually get a set sail pass, you can use a barcode scanner app to read the barcode.  The last four numbers that come up are your tentative cabin number

You can also add it to your Apple wallet if you use an iPhone.