Behind the Scenes Tour - Wardrobe Requirements

PinkSandGirl

Hi!  Has anyone gone on a Behind the Scenes Tour recently?   I have one booked on the Beyond.

My question is: Were long pants required? 

I recently watched a video and the guy said long pants were required.  Is that true?  I don't see that listed as a requirement.  

I know closed toe shoes are required so I'll pack a pair since that is stated under the requirements.  

Thanks!  😃

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

We just left the Solstice after a B2B, and did the Behind the Scenes tour on the first leg.  We did an earlier Behind the Scenes tour on a M-class ship, so wanted to do one on a S-class too.

Of course, I have trashed the tickets so don't know if long pants were required.  If my memory is correct one woman wore capri pants last month.  I remember stairs on the M-class tour, and on the S-class tour we did two flights of stairs, plus some other stairs too.  We took elevators up but some stairs down.

• Thanks 1

We have a Behind the Scenes event scheduled on an upcoming cruise. I looked at our order history....the following screenshot was in the description. I guess capris are okay, but I am sure they prefer that most participants are covered since you walk through storage areas and engine areas. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 6.40.37 PM.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Maggie North said:

We have a Behind the Scenes event scheduled on an upcoming cruise. I looked at our order history....the following screenshot was in the description. I guess capris are okay, but I am sure they prefer that most participants are covered since you walk through storage areas and engine areas. 

I've done this tour twice, and I'm sure that long pants are more appropriate in the galley/food prep areas that you walk through, but you are also on the bridge with the officers too. Non-slip shoes are important for the crew areas - the flooring can get slippery. I think capris would be fine - I imagine they are just trying to avoid shorts, especially short shorts, and swimwear. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Maggie North said:

Thanks!   That's weird.  Mine doesn't show that.  

I'll bring a pair just in case.  I usually don't bring pants on a warm weather cruise. 😉

🍹

• Thanks 1

I usually don't either, but recently started packing a pair of light-weight tech pants (like Columbia) in black....just in case the dining room is cold, we go on an excursion to a cathedral that frowns upon knees. They don't take up much room. I guess leggings or capris would work just as well. We were hoping to go on this tour on our upcoming Beyond cruise, but it was sold out. We have opted for the same on Edge a few months later. Enjoy!!

Edited by Maggie North
Did not capitalize a word!
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aoife_immortal said:

I've done this tour twice, and I'm sure that long pants are more appropriate in the galley/food prep areas that you walk through, but you are also on the bridge with the officers too. Non-slip shoes are important for the crew areas - the flooring can get slippery. I think capris would be fine - I imagine they are just trying to avoid shorts, especially short shorts, and swimwear. 

I have worn shorts on a galley tour.  They didn't give a requirement for that.  

I honestly would have planned to wear shorts for the Behind the Scenes Tour if I didn't hear and then see long pants are a requirement. 

When I saw closed toes shoes were required, I made sure to add them to my packing list. 

🍹

• Thanks 1

I do bring 1 pair of jeans just in case and also if returning to cold weather I can pull them out when we land.

So, technically, I would have a pair packed but I was not planning on wearing them for the tour. 

If they are required, then I guess I will be.  

This way I can plan my outfit for that day and then change into shorts as soon as it's done.  😉

Thanks everyone!  😃

👖

🍹

Just a quick comment for those interested in this tour -- passengers don't visit the actual engines.  You visit the engine control room.

We have done it twice now, and each time found it very interesting.  I realize how little we, as passengers, actually see the ship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

Just a quick comment for those interested in this tour -- passengers don't visit the actual engines.  You visit the engine control room.

The view down on an S class is pretty cool - you can't touch them, but you can definitely see them.  Thems some BIG diesels!

2 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have done it twice now, and each time found it very interesting.  I realize how little we, as passengers, actually see the ship.

I am looking forward to the tour.  This will be my first time.  

I always want to see the places you don't normally see.  Like when touring a famous mansion.  I want to wander all around. 😉

I like to see how things work, are processed, etc... so I will find this interesting. 

🍹

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

The view down on an S class is pretty cool - you can't touch them, but you can definitely see them.  Thems some BIG diesels!

Did you see the actual engines while on a Behind the Scenes tour?  Both times we took this tour (first on a M-class and then last month on the Solstice) we didn't view the actual engines but visited the engine control room.

I’d like to sign up on the Beyond but it doesn’t show yet.  Any idea how far out you can schedule?  My cruise is May 2023.

I do hope everyone wears pants.  I don’t need to see your underwear.  🥸

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’d like to sign up on the Beyond but it doesn’t show yet.  Any idea how far out you can schedule?  My cruise is May 2023.

I do hope everyone wears pants.  I don’t need to see your underwear.  🥸

I booked the Behind the Scenes Tour mid March for my end of October cruise.  However, prior to that it showed briefly in November/December and then disappeared but at that time they weren't doing them...I believe because of covid protocols.

If I wore shorts, I would hope you weren't looking up to see my underwear.  😂

🍹

44 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Never showed up for our cruise, and we have tons of at-sea days to put them together.  Not sure if it ever does show up in "Onboard Activities" these days or ???

Shoreside concierge advised they will be happening on all at-sea days at 10:00 am, so I had her hook us up for a specific morning.  The 'kids' have never done this before.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Never showed up for our cruise, and we have tons of at-sea days to put them together.  Not sure if it ever does show up in "Onboard Activities" these days or ???

Shoreside concierge advised they will be happening on all at-sea days at 10:00 am, so I had her hook us up for a specific morning.  The 'kids' have never done this before.

It was under Onboard Activities in My Cruise Planner.  It also shows up under Excursions.

🍹