Carnival Dream, LIVE 10/8/22-10/16/22

MeganGC1983

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

Also, they aren’t burning anything anymore at Alchemy Dream. Not sure if it is fleet wide or just here FYI. 

I’m pretty sure the first time I was on a ship with that policy was Glory in 2019. Supposedly an email was sent out fleet wide that they could no longer light things. Since then it’s depended on the ship/alchemist. 

• Like 2

Oh sweet Nenad, from Russia. Atrium bar. From Russia, lives outside of Italy. He goes home when this cruise is done, and says his name is not Vladimir. He doesn’t care. But he can’t help but care. Gotta be rough. He says if you speak English or German, “same tribe”. Not sure what tribe.  The non-world war tribe. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Oh sweet Nenad, from Russia. Atrium bar. From Russia, lives outside of Italy. He goes home when this cruise is done, and says his name is not Vladimir. He doesn’t care. But he can’t help but care. Gotta be rough. He says if you speak English or German, “same tribe”. Not sure what tribe.  The non-world war tribe. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Is he a big guy?

19 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

He's probably referring to the fact the British Royal Family has deep German roots. Queen Victoria was the last monarch of the Royal House of Hanover. She  married Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, with whom she had nine children. And what became Germany (at one time or another) was made up of lots of small kingdoms with lots of people with royal titles that upper crust British could marry to become "royal."

Since WW I made Germany unpopular, in 1917 George V specifically adopted Windsor, not only as the name of the ‘House’ or dynasty, but also as the surname of his family.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, icft said:

He's probably referring to the fact the British Royal Family has deep German roots. Queen Victoria was the last monarch of the Royal House of Hanover. She  married Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, with whom she had nine children. And what became Germany (at one time or another) was made up of lots of small kingdoms with lots of people with royal titles that upper crust British could marry to become "royal."

Since WW I made Germany unpopular, in 1917 George V specifically adopted Windsor, not only as the name of the ‘House’ or dynasty, but also as the surname of his family.

Yes that’s actually exactly what he was referring too. We got deeper into what’s going on in Europe. It got kinda dark. I’ll spare the details but my buzz is fleeting. I’m kinda… what’s the word… sad and stressed for the world. 

• Like 3