Carnival Dream, LIVE 10/8/22-10/16/22

MeganGC1983

4 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

“Flaming…” does that mean it’s set on fire as it is served or is it spicy hot? 🌶️

Not set on fire. It’s just a little spicier than regular tomato soup. They took it off the menu before Covid and it’s just making a comeback due to popular demand. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Not set on fire. It’s just a little spicier than regular tomato soup. They took it off the menu before Covid and it’s just making a comeback due to popular demand. 

Was hoping for FLAMES! 🔥 😂😂

• Haha 1

It’s funny how you change as a cruiser. I use to hate sea days. I wanted all the ports, all the time. Now as I sit on the Lido in the sunshine, music playing, water calm, this is fantastic. Nothing that has to be done. Everyone is doing what they want. I’m watching older ladies take fireball shots, a man read his newspaper, and a family about to head into the human stew, hot tub on 11. Good times. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s funny how you change as a cruiser. I use to hate sea days. I wanted all the ports, all the time. Now as I sit on the Lido in the sunshine, music playing, water calm, this is fantastic. Nothing that has to be done. Everyone is doing what they want. I’m watching older ladies take fireball shots, a man read his newspaper, and a family about to head into the human stew, hot tub on 11. Good times. 

Life is all about pendulum swings!

I get it. Our upcoming cruise Melania and I aren't doing any excursions. On port days the ship is our excursion...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I feeel kinda badly. I’ve been posting photos of random bartenders because I didn’t know. Outside was apparently different. Tomorrow, face naked is approved. 

On Mardi Gras in May, it appeared masks were optional for crew who were working outside on Lido (Red Frog Tiki comes to mind). Last week on Freedom, even the crew working outside were all masked and that surprised me. I'm so happy it's optional for all now!

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I should have just had two bowls of soup. 

That's kind of how I felt Sunday on Freedom. I ordered cheese grits (that were bland and not cheesy enough) and brunch potatoes that were just kind of weird. The soup was good but was missing the Flamin' part. I thought it used to be spicier. It was still good though.

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Halloween drinks are not available apparently. Theresia isn’t having it. 

I didn't see or hear about any Halloween drinks on Freedom either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Sea days are my favorite! I'd be happy staying on the ship the whole time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Life is all about pendulum swings!

I get it. Our upcoming cruise Melania and I aren't doing any excursions. On port days the ship is our excursion...

Love it and you’re TA is amazing even when she has blonde moments. 😆 I know you’ll have the most patron margaritas and answer all the 80’s music trivia correctly. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Isn't it crazy? I feel like I lost so much life/time/fun being "inside" for the 16+ months of the pandemic, that even something as simple as a sea day is just the most perfect thing. Ports are fun but most of the time I'm like "get me back to my clamshell!". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keels81 said:

Isn't it crazy? I feel like I lost so much life/time/fun being "inside" for the 16+ months of the pandemic, that even something as simple as a sea day is just the most perfect thing. Ports are fun but most of the time I'm like "get me back to my clamshell!". 

I just want to be here, always. 

• Like 5