Future Cruise Credits - any flexibility?

DaveA

As a result of issues with the Quest voyage ending in Montreal today we have been given a credit against a new booking that has to be sailed within one year.

We have an existing booking, deposit paid and balance due soon. We already have our holidays planned for the next year, so no option for an extra Seabourn cruise that soon.

Does anyone have any experience of Seabourn being flexible either allowing use of credit against an existing booking or extending the validity period? I will also check with our travel agent when we get home.

I realise we could cancel and re-book our next cruise but I suspect the flights (booked through Seabourn) will no longer be available or have gone up in price so losing our deposit as well would make it not worthwhile.

2 hours ago, DaveA said:

As a result of issues with the Quest voyage ending in Montreal today we have been given a credit against a new booking that has to be sailed within one year.

We have an existing booking, deposit paid and balance due soon. We already have our holidays planned for the next year, so no option for an extra Seabourn cruise that soon.

Does anyone have any experience of Seabourn being flexible either allowing use of credit against an existing booking or extending the validity period? I will also check with our travel agent when we get home.

I realise we could cancel and re-book our next cruise but I suspect the flights (booked through Seabourn) will no longer be available or have gone up in price so losing our deposit as well would make it not worthwhile.

What a nice problem to have.

Hope it all works out.

• Like 1

Yes, we had exactly those circumstances to the letter, it would be wrong to write the conclusion on here however,  we wrote to Seabourn direct and after much deliberation had some success so it can be done. 

2 hours ago, fudge said:

Yes, we had exactly those circumstances to the letter, it would be wrong to write the conclusion on here however,  we wrote to Seabourn direct and after much deliberation had some success so it can be done. 

Thanks fudge. It would be great if you could let me know a little more. Email dwa at dwandmea dot co dot uk

On 10/4/2022 at 8:30 AM, DaveA said:

Dave A, as we are boarding the Quest in a few weeks, any chance you might elaborate on the issues you had to deal with?  Thank you!

The credit was issued to all passengers because of the considerable itinerary changes. For details of those and other issues we experienced I suggest you read the thread Live from Seabourn Quest Montreal- Montreal started by Catlover54