Newport RI cliff walk - walk from tender area?

kluv2cruz

I understand from Tom’s Port Guides (thank you Tom!!) that the Cliff Walk is 3.5mi. Has anyone walked from the tender area (Perrotti Park) to the start of the Cliff walk, walked the walk, then walked back to Perrotti Park? Google maps makes it look not too onerous but wonder if anyone has done this and has input?

Tom’s has bus route #67 info too which is another idea for us. Someone on cruise critic said it was free? I don’t see free info on the ripta.com website.

Also, any recommendations on audio guide to download? I see several with mixed reviews on Viator.

Thanks.

I've done that walk, although not all at one time.  We stayed in a hotel near the dock and did half the route one day and then the other half the other, retracing our steps back each time (or nearly so).

It's not hard if you can do a 5 mile walk without too much strain.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Has anyone walked from the tender area (Perrotti Park) to the start of the Cliff walk, walked the walk, then walked back to Perrotti Park? Google maps makes it look not too onerous but wonder if anyone has done this and has input?

It's not a bad walk-- about half an hour from the tender area to the beginning of the Cliff Walk near the Chanler at Cliff Walk hotel (which is a great spot to catch your breath for an early lunch or for cocktails on the way back). You basically walk south to Memorial Blvd and right over. At Bellevue Ave you'll be very close to the International Tennis Hall of Fame, which is worth a stop just even for the architecture, as well as the Audrain Automotive Museum which is wonderful. 

If you wanted to walk the full Cliff Walk you could also always walk one way and Uber back from the furthest point towards Rough Point where Bellevue Ave doglegs. 

• Thanks 1

We visited Newport last year (not on a cruise) and did the Cliff Walk.  It is quite beautiful! The app we had (and paid for) was  awful. It never played in the right spot.  I still have it on my phone.  it looks like the name of the company is Action Tour Guide.  Have fun!

18 hours ago, MarieF4861 said:

We visited Newport last year (not on a cruise) and did the Cliff Walk.  It is quite beautiful! The app we had (and paid for) was  awful. It never played in the right spot.  I still have it on my phone.  it looks like the name of the company is Action Tour Guide.  Have fun!

Very helpful, thanks.