GSC - Clamshells

CruisingSince1982

3 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

How are the Clamshells assigned on Great Stirrup Cay? Do Haven guests automatically get front row? They can now be booked online, which is why I am asking. 

First come, first served!

Therefore, being in the Haven helps, as long as you take one of the first available tenders!

@CruisingSince1982 I hope its ok to piggyback on your post...

are the location(s) for the clamshells only at the far ends of the beach? I'm looking at pictures and youtube videos and it looks that way. That is kind of a disappointment to me as I was hoping to get one more centered and nearer the Bacardi Bar. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just returned from NCL Encore's stop at GSC. It was such a gorgeous day and we loved it. We rented a clamshell, which was very worth it. Yes, they are at the far end of the beach (nearest snorkel area). I liked it because it was quieter than near the bars.

It was a little confusing, as you had to sign a waiver, just like when you are renting snorkel gear, then hop around the snorkel gear pickup and head to a stand where they'll check you in and walk with you to find a clamshell and set it up. So, tip: snag a waiver form and complete it, then get in line. Otherwise you'll get to the window and they'll send you away with the form, then it's awkward to get back in the queue.

Other random notes: Taco stand was kind of bland. Buffet was decent. Lots of side salads (pastas, veggie, etc.) and the chicken and ribs were pretty good for buffet food. Restrooms (blue building) were very clean. Constantly someone sweeping sand and checking supplies. Tons of areas to sit on picnic tables in the shade.

Edited by weltek
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, Colsen0924 said:

Thanks for the info weltek.  Our 2024 sailing will be our first time at GSC.  Are all of the food places included in the fare?  Do all of the bars accept the ship bar package?

Food is included and the drink package works on the island.