Black Friday/Cyber Monday Flight Sales

chaching

Nobody knows.

Bear in mind that airlines don't have sales for fun. Sales are used to fill seats that would otherwise go unsold. This is the first full peak season that Australia's borders will have been open since COVID, that reopening happened in February but peak season for Australia travel are the winter months for Northern Hemisphere. I'd say your chances are slim. 

• Like 1

As mentioned by fbgd, it's unlikely. Travel is in high demand right now, and international travel has come back with a fury, including between the US and Australia. And, as also mentioned, that's a great time to go to Australia - both for tourists visiting, as well as expats in the US heading back to visit family. That will be a tough time of year and route to get a deal on. 

On 10/11/2022 at 4:30 PM, FlyerTalker said:

For travel between LAX and SYD, the best "deals" can usually be found on connection routings rather than on the non-stops.

Convenience has its price.

Yeah, I know several people who have done LAX to Australia via Fiji on Fiji Airways and saved a decent amount. That and Hawaiian via HNL would probably be the two most direct routes. I have heard of people going via Manila or Hong Kong too, but that seems wild to me. 

59 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

Yeah, I know several people who have done LAX to Australia via Fiji on Fiji Airways and saved a decent amount. That and Hawaiian via HNL would probably be the two most direct routes. I have heard of people going via Manila or Hong Kong too, but that seems wild to me. 

In fact, the great circle distance for LAX-SYD is the same as for LAX-NAN-SYD - Fiji is right on the direct route.

Shortest other distances are (in order) - Tokyo, Taipei, Seoul and Hong Kong, ranging from an extra 2809 miles for Tokyo up to an extra 4353 via Hong Kong.  FWIW, the routing through Tokyo was also one of the better ones for finding award seats.