Port Canaveral

kelly4126

Hi,

Our cruise from NJ first stop will be Cape Canaveral. We wanted to go to Kennedy space but I think the time we are there would make it difficult . So I saw the Wizard of Oz museum the port . My question can we walk to the Museum ? Is there any other things we should consider that is within walking distance ? Not looking for restaurants or bars .

thank you

Kelly

1 hour ago, kelly4126 said:

Hi,

Our cruise from NJ first stop will be Cape Canaveral. We wanted to go to Kennedy space but I think the time we are there would make it difficult . So I saw the Wizard of Oz museum the port . My question can we walk to the Museum ? Is there any other things we should consider that is within walking distance ? Not looking for restaurants or bars .

thank you

Kelly

Hi, Port Canaveral is pretty industrial......I don't know of any sights within walking distance. I don't know where the museum you are referring to is located but I can almost guarantee you would need a car...an uber for example. Other things to consider? Cocoa Beach.......not within walking distance but you could use Uber for that too.

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, Port Canaveral is pretty industrial......I don't know of any sights within walking distance. I don't know where the museum you are referring to is located but I can almost guarantee you would need a car...an uber for example. Other things to consider? Cocoa Beach.......not within walking distance but you could use Uber for that too.

Thank you ! 

17 hours ago, kelly4126 said:

Hi,

thank you

Kelly

No, not very walkable. If your ship docks north of the drawbridge, you cannot walk across the bridge. If you dock at terminal 1 it's about a 2.5 to 3-mile walk, much without sidewalks. It is not at the port.

The museum is about 2.5 miles from the port. That will be quite a hike in the Florida heat if you visit in the summer which is about 9 months long 😁.

Check out their website - wizardofozflorida.com

7099 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Ticket prices are $29.99 for adults and kids 3-12 are $14.99.

image.thumb.png.dd7840cd4f1c30f15b485bab3bef189e.png

On 10/8/2022 at 2:23 PM, kelly4126 said:

Hi,

thank you

Kelly

Hi Kelly, 

there are several things within walking distance.  You can also research the city bus schedule, you walk out through the garage and there is a bus stop right there.   There is Exploration Tower, it is a very interesting tour.  Shaped like a sail on a sailboat, 5 or 6 stories high, history of the area and information about the animals and such.  I have heard you can walk to Jetty Park Beach.  You can use Google maps or the tourism site to get more information.

We will be stopping there the week of November 13th.   Our age and mobility issues make it that we will either stay on the ship or get a taxi.

On 10/8/2022 at 4:11 PM, Lois R said:

oh my information (and the map someone else posted) is only if you are cruising Royal Caribbean.  It is more difficult from the other terminals.

My DH and I stayed in Cape Canaveral for two months last winter. IF you are on Royal or Carnival it is a very easy walk to the Wizard Of Oz Museum. We found the sidewalks were fine. Jetty Park is close to the cruise terminals for Royal or Carnival.  If you ARE NOT a walker then I’d suggest public transportation or Uber  

• Like 1