Solo Cruise Deals

As I'm always looking for Solo Cruise Deals, I thought I'd start a thread for solo deals. 

• Departing 26/10/22 - Viking - Cairns to Laem Chabang for Bangkok - 16 days, 4 included guided tours - $4,495.

(I'd definitely book this one, but I'm already on holidays and I have to renew my passport.)  I thought 2023 was on the overseas cruise horizon, not 2022! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

As I'm always looking for Solo Cruise Deals, I thought I'd start a thread for solo deals. 

• Departing 26/10/22 - Viking - Cairns to Laem Chabang for Bangkok - 16 days, 4 included guided tours - $4,495.

(I'd definitely book this one, but I'm already on holidays and I have to renew my passport.)  I thought 2023 was on the overseas cruise horizon, not 2022! 

That is what we need, solo deals, under $300 a day.

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Great itinerary  -

• Cairns
  • Thursday Island
  • Darwin
  • Benoa, Bali
  • Singapore
  • Laem Chabang 

Then you could visit Bangkok independently.

I hope Viking has similar last minute deals in the future, as I'd love to cruise with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Les Carnival Splendor has some good prices for solos

Royal Caribbean have some studio balcony’s and cheaper than insides but not many available so you need to be quick in  booking them

Edited by rkmw
  • Like 1

Carnival Luminsa 20/11/22 x Brisbane to NZ

solo obstructed cabin 11 nights $962

only $87 per night 

This is a seniors price using their VIFP number

$1258 for anyone else

Edited by rkmw
  • Like 2

Bargain SOLO on Carnival Luminosa departing Brisbane on the 13th Nov for 7 nights. VIFP Pricing:
Interior - $760
Balcony - $1,001. 

Even cheaper for the 55+ and VIFP
Interior - $555 (WOW)

Balcony - $851

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 2

Also the cruise I am on departing the 6th November on the Luminosa has dropped even further since I booked. Look direct on the Carnival website. 

Interior - $633

Balcony - $889.

VIFP and 55 +

Edited by CDaze71

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

VIFP = I was wondering the same thing and what does it stand for?

I hadn't a clue either so I googled it. Goodness me, it stands for 'Very Important Fun Person' from the Carnival website itself. I assumed at first it was a joke...maybe it is?

• Haha 3

Just now, LittleFish1976 said:

I hadn't a clue either so I googled it. Goodness me, it stands for 'Very Important Fun Person' from the Carnival website itself. I assumed at first it was a joke...maybe it is?

I burst out laughing spontaneously!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

How do you get the VIFP number? Only done one carnival Cruise, Spirit, Hawaii to Alaska back in 2005.

Les when you sign into Carnival click on your name and left side of the page you’ll see your profile with your details 

• Like 1

While I booked my first Luminosa on an excellent VIFP rate, I'm sure the current Seniors Over 55 Rate and associated Solo rates on Luminosa until late January 2023 sailings do not require you to be a VIFP. Same Senior or Solo rate whether or not you've sailed before on Carnival. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, rkmw said:

Les Carnival Splendor has some good prices for solos

Royal Caribbean have some studio balcony’s and cheaper than insides but not many available so you need to be quick in  booking them

Yes - I had one on Ovation and it had the same size balcony but just a smaller inside space - enough for one. 

Just recently whilst on a cruise I saw one on Quantum of the Seas so I immediately booked it for a cruise to Tasmania at the end of Jan.out of Brisbane. Good position too - midship on deck 7.

3 minutes ago, queenslander said:

Yes - I had one on Ovation and it had the same size balcony but just a smaller inside space - enough for one. 

Just recently whilst on a cruise I saw one on Quantum of the Seas so I immediately booked it for a cruise to Tasmania at the end of Jan.out of Brisbane. Good position too - midship on deck 7.

With the studio balcony’s is the bed a double or a single ?

39 minutes ago, queenslander said:

That was an excellent find.  

Nice to see single passengers getting a voice.  After all, we are a growing number of cruisers.  

Common sense says it is better to have a single person in a cabin, rather than an empty cabin. They are usually in a position to fill late vacancies.