Sailing out of Miami, hotel reccomendations ?

Beer Belly

We are considering a sailing out of Miami, arrive at the hotel a day early, and depart a day after disembarkation. Hoping to find a hotel that offers shuttle to / from airport, and also to / from port. Any suggestions are welcome. TIA.

27 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

We are considering a sailing out of Miami, arrive at the hotel a day early, and depart a day after disembarkation. Hoping to find a hotel that offers shuttle to / from airport, and also to / from port. Any suggestions are welcome. TIA.

Lots of good hotel/transportation info on the Florida Departures forum.   Here is the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

I second the recommendation for Florida Departures board.  Search for titles with Miami in the name.  

Generally speaking, most hotels don't have shuttle to port, Uber/Lyft seems to be the recommended mode of transport.

• Like 1

Miami hotels can be expensive.  There is a Marriott complex SE of airport where you can shuttle to complex (or at used to) and get reasonable fee shuttle to port.  We change things around and sometimes stay by FLL if air cheaper there.

Edited by dexddd

I realize the FL departures board would be the better place, but I'll add what I did here.

I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn Airport West.  They have a shuttle to/from the airport and apparently DO have a cruise port shuttle (I think it was $15 per person, left around 10:30 AM).  They did ask that you sign up for the cruise port shuttle at least 12 hours in advance, I just chose the Uber so I could get there on my time rather than theirs.  Uber from there to the cruise port was $45 plus tip.  There's a restaurant in the lobby where you can get dinner and breakfast.

• Like 2

We stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites in the Brickell area and would stay there again.  No free shuttle from the airport but they do offer a shuttle to the pier at $8/pp.  You sign up for a time the day before.  They also offer a free breakfast (hot & cold, buffet style).  We liked the area because you can walk to all kinds of restaurants/shops/entertainment.  Price per night was pretty reasonable too, for Miami.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions. We originally planned a cruise out of Miami earlier this year, got cold feet and went out of NY, hired a limo to / from port. Wife wants the Caribbean on the Encore, so we need to go out of Miami.