First time Hawaii: Cruise vs flying + hotel?

thermal

In November 2021, my husband and I went to Hawaii for 11 days- 7 days in Maui, and 4 days in Oahu, our first time.  It was truly wonderful! In Maui-- we went to a Luau, did a tour to Road to Hana, and to Haleakala sunrise, did a sunset cruise tour, visited the Maui Tropical Plantation, the Upcountry and the Iao State Park, and went to some beaches along West Maui/Lahaina area.

Then, we flew to Honolulu for the Pearl Harbor National Park, did an Island Circle Tour, a swim at Waikiki Beach, and light shopping at Waikiki district. It was very memorable, so fun --but the cost is somewhat staggering (~$10,000)--considering that we stayed in mid-range hotels. Expenses in Hawaii can add up--food, car rental, souvenirs, etc. Maybe, when we return we will know better (to trim some expense items).

If not for those many days spent on the open ocean, I would readily return to Hawaii on a cruise-just unpack once, all inclusive at that--visiting all the major Hawaii islands.

Whatever you decide, have fun! Hawaii is all worth it!

Edited by MedCruise_2022
some grammatical editing
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Depending upon how one defines “all inclusive”, it can be said that there is no such thing anywhere.  If what it means is a place to stay with meals included, that is another story.

You can't go to Mexico and have all the food and drink you want, included?

Paying extra for a meal plan isn't all inclusive.