Comfort check in (aka early check in)

ClevelandKid

15 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I found checkin at the dock to be the same with or without "comfort"..

As did we - comfort check in had accepted our photos etc but when boarding they said they didn’t have the photos etc & we had to have them taken again. Won’t bother next cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, trebor900 said:

Just competed "Comfort Check In" for our upcoming cruise.  I was asked to upload a photo but that was it.  No credit card details or other information required🤷‍♂️.  Seemed a bit pointless if I am honest.

I agree...we did not & no issues. Think it might save them taking a picture which was done very fast & efficient at check in. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 5:48 AM, Peregrina651 said:

I believe that the folks who do check-in are third-party providers and they are told only what they need to know to check you in. If they are told to collect passports, that is what they do. They aren't necessarily told why and then have to make up some prattle on the fly to answer questions.

FWIW, I don't bother with comfort check-in. I haven't found that it gets me on the ship any faster so why bother producing another piece of paper that I have to keep track of. I also don't supply a credit card in advance, because it is just another of personal data to be taken when the system is hacked.

We have found doing Comfort Checkin gets us on the ship quite a bit faster than not doing it.

Kind of like having a preprinted boarding pass on an airline.  Just breeze on through after showing passport and getting our keys and excursion.  Usually takes about 1 minute.

One time we didn't do it, and it was quite the hassle and took almost a half hour at the counter.

• Thanks 1

We have never had any Viking checkin, and all without "comfort", take more than a few minutes.  If it took you a half hour then there was something wrong with your papers.  You must be a very dangerous looking person........🍸

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

We have never had any Viking checkin, and all without "comfort", take more than a few minutes.  If it took you a half hour then there was something wrong with your papers.  You must be a very dangerous looking person........🍸

Too funny!  No there was something wrong with our faces - we must have broken the camera when they tried to take a picture.  Seriously - they couldn't get that working right!!

• Haha 2

We did the comfort check in for the Iceland adventure. I was quite diligent in getting an acceptable photo, but when we arrived, the photo was taken again. I looked as though I hadn't slept in 28 hours, been on a three day drunk and desperately needed a shower/make over, because I hadn't slept in 28 hours...you get the picture. 

The bartenders may have been taken aback upon pulling up our account the first couple times.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, KarNog said:

We did the comfort check in for the Iceland adventure. I was quite diligent in getting an acceptable photo, but when we arrived, the photo was taken again. I looked as though I hadn't slept in 28 hours, been on a three day drunk and desperately needed a shower/make over, because I hadn't slept in 28 hours...you get the picture. 

The bartenders may have been taken aback upon pulling up our account the first couple times.

Yes same as us - at Reykjavik we looked as if we’d be pulled through a hedge backwards😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...