Final Review of our MSC Cruise!

CharismaticWoman

1 hour ago, CharismaticWoman said:

Finally finished our review of the MSC Divina and we had a lot to say! Here is part 1 - please let me know if you have any questions!

MSC Divina Cruise Vlog: Part 1 of Full Review - Boarding and Room Review

In the process of watching now.  My GF has the same website issues you mentioned.  However, I do not.  For me, everything shows up as it should.  I cannot add a future cruise to her profile and mine is fine.  She also wasn't receiving credits for past sailings.  They did that manually, after several requests, but her profile is still messed up.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is for you and for her.  I'm trying to get them to do something that I hope will fix it.

The GF is from the Philippines, and they typically use the mother's maiden name as the middle name.  However, MSC has lumped her middle name and last name together.

Hypothetical Example: 

Should be:

Susan (first) Reyes (middle) Fernandes (last)

MSC's profile shows:
Susan (first) Reyes Fernandez (last)

I think this may be creating a mismatch between the booking and her profile.  Again, not sure if they will correct it and/or if it will resolve her issue, but again, she is having the exact same issue.

Edited by Stockjock

30 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

My GF has the same website issues you mentioned.  However, I do not.  For me, everything shows up as it should.

With my login to my MSC account, I can see all of my future cruises, my past cruises, cruise details, stateroom number, experience, etc. I don't understand why some people have issues and I don't but the issues seem to be common. 

Looking forward to part 2.....

Hmmmm.  My last name is hyphenated and I had a problem getting my loyalty number added to my cruise.  There was just a lot of wacky stuff with the website but we had a great time. Already booked another MSC ship.  Interested to see if we still enjoy it as much with a larger crowd. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CharismaticWoman said:

Hmmmm.  My last name is hyphenated and I had a problem getting my loyalty number added to my cruise.  There was just a lot of wacky stuff with the website but we had a great time. Already booked another MSC ship.  Interested to see if we still enjoy it as much with a larger crowd. 🙂

If you call regular old customer service, they can tell you how it's set up.  They can't fix it, but they can see the format.  The hyphenation might well have something to do with it, so however it's set up, probably change it.  Maybe position the first hyphenated name as the middle name.

To try and fix it, you'd need to send the request to:
MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com

Edited by Stockjock

Nice review, congrats! Good to see the entire embarkation process rightly shown as it is. The credit card registering system is a good pro tip once it seems to be unique industry wise, so one can just to forget it if one is not that attentive, even us experienced MSC cruisers to let alone the newbies!...

By the way: MSC's website is as ugly as it can be, even me as sort of an MSC's cheerleader, I 100% agree on that. The ships, including the cabins are beautiful, the Swarovski staircases are as beautiful as they can be and provide for wonderful photo moments as described. The post covid new master drill seems to be an enhancement as well.

Permit me just a suggestion for next installments: If possible, bring more ship video alongside the description!

And have a nice day!...

35 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

the Swarovski staircases are as beautiful as they can be and provide for wonderful photo moments as described.

Some people sail for the food; some for the drinks....as a "self confessed bling lover" I sail for that staircase!  

I'm in the middle of the review......I love the necklace OP is wearing.  Is it larimar?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Some people sail for the food; some for the drinks....as a "self confessed bling lover" I sail for that staircase!  

I'm in the middle of the review......I love the necklace OP is wearing.  Is it larimar?

Plenty of them from MSC Fantasia onward to the most recent ones!... Yeah! They're wonderful to be at really. No I don't travel for those "bling lover" moments, it's more for the destinations, but the better the ship's experience can be, more I'll to enjoy it!... Isn't it so good to finish an excursion day by going one or 2 decks from those staircases while taking a few photos? Yes, it is!...

• Like 1