Flying into Canada from the USA

Florida_gal_50

13 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I believe the discussion is centred around making connections when arriving in Toronto.  It appears as though you simply arrived and went home from the airport.

The OP was asking about clearing customs in Vancouver and catching a domestic flight to their home province. The post I was responding to implied that the process @ T1 is easier that @ T3 and I was just asking how it would be since I had just passed through T3.

What I stated about the process @ T3 in Toronto would be valid for someone catching a domestic connection too, you would clear customs there and then catch your domestic flight home with no other interaction unless of course your connection is through T1 which is highly improbable but not impossible. In that case I'm not sure if they'd have to clear security again or if there is a connecting tunnel that would keep them within the secure area.

8 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

The OP was asking about clearing customs in Vancouver and catching a domestic flight to their home province. The post I was responding to implied that the process @ T1 is easier that @ T3 and I was just asking how it would be since I had just passed through T3.

What I stated about the process @ T3 in Toronto would be valid for someone catching a domestic connection too, you would clear customs there and then catch your domestic flight home with no other interaction unless of course your connection is through T1 which is highly improbable but not impossible. In that case I'm not sure if they'd have to clear security again or if there is a connecting tunnel that would keep them within the secure area.

If you arrive in T3 and need to connect to a Canadian destination (in T3), you will have to go through a security check, after clearing customs, to do this i.e LGW-YYZ-YYC (Westjet).  On the other hand, if you arrive in T1 with a connection to a Canadian city, there is no security check after clearing customs i.e. LHR-YYZ-YYC.

The discussion seems to have devolved into mixing YVR (original entry point) arrivals and YYZ arrivals.

Edited by d9704011

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.  I just wanted to report back.  It was a bit much. My flight left San Diego 40 minutes late!  I got into Vancouver at just after 5 pm.  My next flight was at 5:50 🤪.  Of course we landed at something like e43 and my next flight was at c42.  Luckily there was no wait at customs.  By the time I got there my face was red I’m sure and I was freaking out worried I wouldn’t make my flight.  It’s a wonder I didn’t get pulled for additional screening.  When I got close to my gate my boarding pass needed to be scanned to proceed into the next section.  Scanners were down and no one was getting through.  She called and eventually she looked at everything manually.  I got to my gate as the plane was half boarded.  We did have to wait for another family that was running for this flight.  Thankfully I didn’t have to get my luggage nor go through security again.  Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Hello all.  I just wanted to report back.  It was a bit much. My flight left San Diego 40 minutes late!  I got into Vancouver at just after 5 pm.  My next flight was at 5:50 🤪.  Of course we landed at something like e43 and my next flight was at c42.  Luckily there was no wait at customs.  By the time I got there my face was red I’m sure and I was freaking out worried I wouldn’t make my flight.  It’s a wonder I didn’t get pulled for additional screening.  When I got close to my gate my boarding pass needed to be scanned to proceed into the next section.  Scanners were down and no one was getting through.  She called and eventually she looked at everything manually.  I got to my gate as the plane was half boarded.  We did have to wait for another family that was running for this flight.  Thankfully I didn’t have to get my luggage nor go through security again.  Thanks everyone.

Exhausting, you need an cruise vacation to recover. 🙂

• Like 1