Carnival Miracle cruisers…

MeganGC1983

Looking at an obstructed view balcony for a sailing on deck 5 (that’s all that is left). Has anyone stayed in one that was pleased with it? Maybe one that isn’t as obstructed as the others? I’ve researched awhile now and of course all of the videos and pictures are of cabins that aren’t left. Figured I’d consult the great minds and experience here. TIA! 

I'd go for it without hesitation. You can always go down to deck 3 if you want to look down into the water or feel closer to the ocean; 10,11,12 also but not as close to the water. Great ship! I would choose a forward cabin as well, quick elevator service and very convenient for lots of things.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Thanks 1

Try to find a cabin that is between two lifeboats.  I was in cabin 5151 on the Pride (sister ship) and there was some view down to the water.  The cabin was fine and yes, I could see out.  I would rather have a regular balcony though, if the difference in cost wasn’t too much.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Megan, the obstructions are the lifeboats. They don't block your view looking straight out, they block your view looking straight down at the water. 😎

I'm confused with your answer. They block the view looking out but not straight down to the water. Well at least the ones we have stayed in. The others are in between lifeboats offer a fair view 😎

19 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

I'm confused with your answer. They block the view looking out but not straight down to the water. Well at least the ones we have stayed in. The others are in between lifeboats offer a fair view 😎

The ones on 4 are blocked by the lifeboats but you can see the sea, get some light and see down to deck 3. The ones on 5 are considered obstructed view too, but are classified as obstructed balconies vs obstructed insides.There are two awesome obstructed balconies that are bigger cabins than the rest near the aft of the ship also. They are called premium balcony obstructed view, 5241 & 5243. It makes for three obstructed categories and it can be confusing.     

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
10 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

The ones on 4 are blocked by the lifeboats but you can see the sea, get some light and see down to deck 3. The ones on 5 are considered obstructed view too, but are classified as obstructed balconies vs obstructed insides.There are two awesome obstructed balconies that are bigger cabins than the rest near the aft of the ship also. They are called premium balcony obstructed view, 5241 & 5243. It makes for three obstructed categories and it can be confusing.     

Thanks, that's right, had to look at the deck plans just now to refresh the brain cells 😝. Deck 4 use to open before they were enclosed with windows 😁

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Are you still confused? 😁

15 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

Try to find a cabin that is between two lifeboats.  I was in cabin 5151 on the Pride (sister ship) and there was some view down to the water.  The cabin was fine and yes, I could see out.  I would rather have a regular balcony though, if the difference in cost wasn’t too much.

Definitely looking at that. Thank you. 

Had an obstructed view balcony on an Alaska cruise 4 years ago. The balcony was towards the rear of the ship on the Miracle. The reason it was called an obstruction was you could look out over the balcony rail and see the life boat down toward midship, no obstruction at all. Check your location in relation to the lifeboats.

• Thanks 1