Calling to Upgrade Cabin

zackarykeef

Hey, all!

Has anyone ever called CS to upgrade their cabin? We are on an upcoming sailing in the YC, and are looking to upgrade to a bigger room. I did put in a bid, but I’m thinking I don’t want to risk it, so we might just call and see how much it is to just pay for an upgrade. I already checked, and there is still availability.

This is doable, correct? And just pay the difference? I’ve heard horror stories about CS, and I don’t remember if it was here or elsewhere that someone said not to do this because they completely messed their reservation up, so I would like to get any input! Thanks in advance!

Yes it is doable.  I called a few weeks ago to upgrade my YC cabin and add a person.

It cost more, but I was expecting that so no big surprise.

I was able to pick my cabin by looking at web page of room locations while CS agent rattled off available cabins.

Edited by FireEater

On 10/19/2022 at 10:33 AM, zackarykeef said:

Hey, all!

Has anyone ever called CS to upgrade their cabin? We are on an upcoming sailing in the YC, and are looking to upgrade to a bigger room. I did put in a bid, but I’m thinking I don’t want to risk it, so we might just call and see how much it is to just pay for an upgrade. I already checked, and there is still availability.

This is doable, correct? And just pay the difference? I’ve heard horror stories about CS, and I don’t remember if it was here or elsewhere that someone said not to do this because they completely messed their reservation up, so I would like to get any input! Thanks in advance!

Yeah bid are risky. I think it's also per person in cabin so if you have 4... (someone can correct me if wrong) and I'm not sure you get the added perks vs calling to upgrade. I've never done it.

55 minutes ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Yeah bid are risky. I think it's also per person in cabin so if you have 4... (someone can correct me if wrong) and I'm not sure you get the added perks vs calling to upgrade. I've never done it.

The fee is based on two people per cabin as a cap.

• Like 2

We are sailing MSC MERAVIGLIA on October 23rd.  Put in a upgrade bid a few weeks ago and received a confirmation yesterday morning on a YC1, Experience FANTASTICA Category YC1 - Yacht Club Deluxe Suite. Below is the statement on our boarding confirmation on what to expect.  We are excited.  This will be our second time in the YC on Meraviglia.

EXPYCB - YACHT CLUB: Lavishly fitted luxury suites, 24-hour butler service and dedicated concierge, Dedicated check in & check out. Panoramic dedicated Top Sail Lounge with light food selection, dedicated exclusive sun deck with pool, solarium and bar. An extensive premium beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship (according to the drink selections available in the different venues), Free minibar service, Gourmet dining in the private MSC YC restaurant with free choice of dining time. Direct private access to the MSC Aurea SPA. Premium Internet package (Browse -2 devices). Free access to fitness center, Open air sport facilities, Broadway-style theater shows, Entertainment activities. Possibility to purchase a dedicate, discounted specialty restaurant package. For adults only: complimentary access to the thermal area for entire cruise, possibility to purchase a dedicated, discounted SPA package, 10% off on all treatments purchased on board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eagletwo said:

We are sailing MSC MERAVIGLIA on October 23rd.  Put in a upgrade bid a few weeks ago and received a confirmation yesterday morning on a YC1, Experience FANTASTICA Category YC1 - Yacht Club Deluxe Suite. Below is the statement on our boarding confirmation on what to expect.  We are excited.  This will be our second time in the YC on Meraviglia.

EXPYCB - YACHT CLUB: Lavishly fitted luxury suites, 24-hour butler service and dedicated concierge, Dedicated check in & check out. Panoramic dedicated Top Sail Lounge with light food selection, dedicated exclusive sun deck with pool, solarium and bar. An extensive premium beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship (according to the drink selections available in the different venues), Free minibar service, Gourmet dining in the private MSC YC restaurant with free choice of dining time. Direct private access to the MSC Aurea SPA. Premium Internet package (Browse -2 devices). Free access to fitness center, Open air sport facilities, Broadway-style theater shows, Entertainment activities. Possibility to purchase a dedicate, discounted specialty restaurant package. For adults only: complimentary access to the thermal area for entire cruise, possibility to purchase a dedicated, discounted SPA package, 10% off on all treatments purchased on board.

Awesome! Enjoy!