Hotel near Nadi airport Fiji

highplanesdrifters

@CinciCruise Thanks for your enlightening post about the less than luxury Simply Hotel that SS housed guests at near Nadi airport.  I figured I better get myself in gear and find a place to stay before our trip in April.  We have been to Fiji before and are only looking to stay for  2 to 3 days before embarking in Lautoka on an SS Explorer 35 day B2B.  Looking for a place to regroup after a long trip to get there. Perhaps one of the high end resorts near Denarau, or ???

Any favorites or suggestions CC intelligentsia? 

the Intercontinental or Marriot Momi might be good hotels to relax at and are more secluded than the Denarau.  If you want to stay on an outer island, we really enjoyed liku liku resort but not sure it worth the ride to get out there and back on the ferry (you could go by helicopter if you have the $$$)  We also stayed at deneru hilton for a week on points.  It was nice and close to the Port Denaru shops and restaurants.  

@Lonedaddythank you so much for the info! Very helpful.

I was just looking at the Marriot and Intercontinental.  Both look nice, any preference? Read that the water was murky at Marriot. Did you have that issue? And did you have a favorite room?

Thanks again.

Edited by highplanesdrifters

2 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

@Lonedaddythank you so much for the info! Very helpful.

I was just looking at the Marriot. Looks nice.  Read that the water was quite murky. Did you have that issue? And did you have a favorite room? Thanks again.

Most of the water around Vitu Levu is not crystal clear like out island resorts (Liku Liku for example).  So if you want to snorkle or dive stay on an out island or do a trip from port denaru  We had lunch at the marriott as we were exploring the island by car.  Nice location but have not stayed in a room there.

• Like 1

We stayed 3 nights at the Fiji Intercontinental after a PG cruise back in 2019. It was really nice. We felt like it was an extension to our vacation rather than a waiting for our flight home. The water was crystal clear in the shallows at the beach, and we saw many small fish, some beautiful shells, and several small sea snakes walking in water less than knee deep. While the sea snakes are venomous, they're too small to bite without assistance, and swam away from us. There was a snorkeling area around the corner from the beach, but we never made it there.

The adult pool was really nice, and with plenty of lounge  chairs. We had an included buffet breakfast that was great, with so many food options, and there was a happy hour in the main bar with drink and appetizer specials while we waited to watch the torch lighting ceremony each night while looking out to the ocean.

It's a bit of a drive to the airport from there, but we had a shared shuttle bus included, and we thought it was worth the extra time to not be at the end of the runway, or in a much more crowded beach area.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

@Lonedaddy

@SWFLAOK

Thanks for your input. Really helps.

If you haven't been the botanic gardens by the sleeping giant and the volcanic mud baths make a nice trip there are guides that take you.  Our photo was taking after we got out of the hot volcanic mud pit and it dried.

We have stayed at the IC,Mimi bay,Sheraton Denarau.Westin,Sheraton Villas and the Hilton. Prererence is for the IC. or Sheraton villas. Friends say the Sofitel is the best hotel in Denarau.

Snorkelling is fine in the ocean off the IC or Marriott. It is the man made lagoon at the Marriott that has murky waters.

@LonedaddyMud pits, oh boy!

@drron29so helpful, thanks much. Other friends also recommended the adult section at the Sofitel. Might be perfect for a few days of chill time. That or Marriot or IC.  While I'd like to swim and snorkel, we'll have 35 days on Explorer traveling through the South Pacific . I suspect I'll get my fix there.😃

• Like 2