Azamara Meet and Greet

tyler6597

3 minutes ago, GUSGB said:

Meet and Greet on Onward today at 1730 was a bit of a “damp squib”. We were allocated the port side if the living room. But that was occupied by other guests partaking of the tapas! If Azamara want to be associated with these type of events, they need to make a bit more effort. If they don’t, then say so. 
I did, however, meet some very nice fellow Cruise Critic members.

I do not know what the answer is to this conundrum, maybe others have ideas.

I’m not sure I completely follow. Were you directed to go to the port side of the Living Room only to find the area not reserved for you? If so, that doesn’t seem acceptable! Others may know who the best person to address this to might be.

Betsey

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GUSGB said:

Meet and Greet on Onward today at 1730 was a bit of a “damp squib”. We were allocated the port side if the living room. But that was occupied by other guests partaking of the tapas! If Azamara want to be associated with these type of events, they need to make a bit more effort. If they don’t, then say so. 
I did, however, meet some very nice fellow Cruise Critic members.

I do not know what the answer is to this conundrum, maybe others have ideas.

Thanks for reporting what you experienced.

I thought Onward was doing Meet and Greet on the card table side of LR, which would be starboard side?  That makes more sense to me.

We are first timers with Azarama, but we have enjoyed meet & greet events on other cruise lines.  All were informal and organized on CC Roll Call for the particular cruise.  The only thing requested of the ship was a meeting space and some finger food.  The M&Gs were best where the space was somewhat private as opposed to a side a large venue such as the living room.  We actually facilitated one M&G and supplied name tags with screen names as well as first names.  Of course, the level of participation on a particular cruise roll call is the critical factor in this type of informal M&G.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shank63 said:

We are first timers with Azarama, but we have enjoyed meet & greet events on other cruise lines.  All were informal and organized on CC Roll Call for the particular cruise.  The only thing requested of the ship was a meeting space and some finger food.  The M&Gs were best where the space was somewhat private as opposed to a side a large venue such as the living room.  We actually facilitated one M&G and supplied name tags with screen names as well as first names.  Of course, the level of participation on a particular cruise roll call is the critical factor in this type of informal M&G.

I think the reason they are using the side of the LR on Onward is because the usual venue, the Library, has been replaced with the Atlas Bar.

46 minutes ago, shank63 said:

All were informal and organized on CC Roll Call for the particular cruise.

With Azamara, there is a place to register for the event on the Azamara website. The problem is that the ball seems to get dropped somewhat from that point on.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:20 PM, takemewithyou said:

Thank you for this link.  I signed up last night for my b2b cruises next Sept/Oct and got immediate email confirmations. Neither though told me how many were signed up; maybe I'm the first.

These will be my first Azamara cruises and I'm reading so many of the posts here; they've been so interesting and helpful. Thank you all!

• Like 3