"Have it all" questions &/or confusion

Banditswife

When we purchased the have it all pkg, she allowed us to book our specialty dining & an excursion.  It was my understanding that the shore ex credit was for 1 shore excursion, so we chose 1 that was close to the $100 limit.  After doing this our booking showed that we used our dining credit & our itinerary shows our shore ex as being booked & pd for.  

Here is my confusion:  Our booking still showed the $100 shore ex as still available.  I just thought it hadn't been taken off yet.  I wanted to pay for a 2nd shore ex, still keeping the original tour.  It kept giving me an error, so I called the shore ex number & was told I still have the $100 credit.  I explained I didn't want to lose the tour we booked originally, just wanted to purchase another 1.  She said the original shore ex showed as being booked & paid, then allowed me to use the credit to book my 2nd shore ex (different port.)  This 2nd tour was $49.95 & now our booking says we have a $50.05 shore ex credit.  What am I missing?  Or did the original rep make a mistake & forget to charge us for the $99.95 tour?

When I look at our itinerary, it now shows our dining reservation & both shore excursions.  I just don't want to get on the ship & have them deny 1 of our tours. And will we be allowed to use that $50.05  credit for another tour once we board the ship?

13 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

How long is your cruise? You may be eligible for $200 shore excursion credit.

We are actually doing 2 --7 day cruises.   B2B, bought the HIA pkg for each segment.  Each segment is showing the same exact thing- 2 shore ex booked & pd for with the $50.05 credit remaining

Are the ShoreX bookings for one or both of you? You should have 2x$100 per 7-day segment.

Originally this was worded as if it were ONE shore excursion up to $100, but rapidly became $100 (per person) *towards* ship excursions. I have $0.05 credit (times two pax) after booking $99.95 ex. (times two pax).

If you booked the B2B on one booking number, you would’ve been entitled to $200 per person shore ex credit. If it is 2 booking numbers this would have given you $100 per person, per booking number.
So if the excursions are in different segments, you will have used booking #1 credit for shore A and booking #2 credit for shore ex B. 
I hope this makes sense and hasn’t added to the confusion. 

either way you are entitled to $200 credit per person, so if you’re showing booked on both excursions, you’re booked 🙂

We have 2 booking #s.  But have been given $200 credit per person X 2 cruises = $400 per person

My husband's itinerary says the same thing.  I think I have come to the conclusion that someone made a mistake when we originally purchased the HIA.  They must have forgotten to deduct cost of the original shore x.  I have decided to not worry about it, I have no problem if they come back & tell me I have to pay for the $49.95 tour.  It is not my intention to cheat the system, but if I get a free tour by their error- so be it.  I tried to explain it to the rep & have done my due diligence.

My two daughters and I once booked a stateroom together on a Celebrity cruise.  The cruise fare included an Alcoholic Classic drink package for the first two passengers, and a Non-alcoholic Classic drink package for the 3rd person in the stateroom.  I designated myself as the 3rd passenger because I do not drink that much alcohol and figured I would just pay for what ever drink I had each evening.  However, I did want to upgrade to a Premium Non-Alcoholic package to be able to get Vitamin Water and a few other things not in the Classic package.   I paid very little to do this.  When we arrived at the cruise port and received our stateroom cards, my card had printed at the top Alcoholic Premium Package.  Whoops...someone made a mistake!   I mentioned it at the Guest Relations desk and got a shoulder shrug.  What was a I to do?  I ended up having some very nice cocktails on that cruise. More than I normally do! 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dot73 said:

If you buy the HIA online, can it be cancelled before the cruise?  Thank you.

I am pretty sure you have to call the excursions number listed on their page.  At least I couldn't figure out how to do it online.  The original rep did make booking it easy & I was able to schedule our premium dining.  She also allowed me to book the original shore excursions.   Their telephone # is listed on your booking.

38 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I am pretty sure you have to call the excursions number listed on their page.  At least I couldn't figure out how to do it online.  The original rep did make booking it easy & I was able to schedule our premium dining.  She also allowed me to book the original shore excursions.   Their telephone # is listed on your booking.

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have never purchased the HIA before and have some other questions.  I will call HAL next week.

1 minute ago, dot73 said:

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have never purchased the HIA before and have some other questions.  I will call HAL next week.

It is a separate dept from the booking dept.  Personally, we are looking forward to having the HIA pkg.  We have never had it before.

Update:  We had booked the HIA pkg & booked $99.95 pp tours along with our specialty dining.  But our booking continued to show the $100 shore ex credit.  When trying to pay for an additional tour, I was told we had that credit.  After booking a 2nd tour, our booking then said we had a $50.05 credit.  Today I checked our booking again & credit is gone.  It says "redeemed."  So they must have figured out their mistake.  They did not remove any of our pre booked tours from our itinerary, so I guess we ended up with 1 free tour, unless they take that one away.