"LIVE" from Celebrity BEYOND. October 26th, 2022. 9-Night Repositioning. 1st Sailing from the USA.

PinkSandGirl

• 4 months later...

Hey Kelly!  

I hope all is well with you and your family.  

Hopefully you are all enjoying your summer.

Sorry, but I am dredging up your Live report, so I can read through it again and take better notes.  We booked our first Edge-class cruise on Beyond.  We are heading back to the ABCs with friends we actually met on the same cruise we were on with you back in 2021.  With Beyond's redeployment to the Caribbean maybe other Beyond newbies who might have missed out on this report can find a few useful tips.

Take care,

Paul

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Hey Kelly!  

I hope all is well with you and your family.  

Hopefully you are all enjoying your summer.

Sorry, but I am dredging up your Live report, so I can read through it again and take better notes.  We booked our first Edge-class cruise on Beyond.  We are heading back to the ABCs with friends we actually met on the same cruise we were on with you back in 2021.  With Beyond's redeployment to the Caribbean maybe other Beyond newbies who might have missed out on this report can find a few useful tips.

Take care,

Paul

Paul, 

Hi!  Yes, we are well. 😃  How are you and Tim?

An enjoyable, busy summer.  Hot but it is summer. 😉  Today is cooler, it will be in the 80's and no humidity so it is very nice out.

Haha...don't be sorry to dredge this up.  I'm sorry I never finished it...even though I kept coming back to say I would.  😆  Maybe I will continue to add to it now.   It will be the 'Live' review that keeps on giving.

If you have any questions or would like pictures of anything you don't see, let me know.  I have an arsenal of pictures and knowledge. 😉

This cruise was back to the A and C of the ABC's.  I don't think I fully put in detail what we did (different than our 2021 ABC cruise).   

We'll be back on the Beyond in April 2024 for the 10-night Ultimate Southern Caribbean cruise.   Our cruise was going to be the last one before it went over to Europe but it's staying here now (which is why you get to go to the ABC's on her).  😃

If you want to e-mail me about anything, here's my cruise critic e-mail address and I can send you my everyday one: pinksandgirlcelebrity@gmail.com  

Great to hear from you.  

Kelly 😃

CoCo

PinkSandGirl 

🍹

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 11:08 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

Hi!  This will get some way overdue updates, soon, but now that 3 months have passed since I sailed, I have had time to think about how I feel about the Beyond...you know that 'just got back from a cruise' feeling has faded...even though I feel like it was yesterday that I boarded...so I can give an honest answer as to how I feel about the Beyond. 

Do I absolutely love the Beyond so much that I wouldn't change a thing.  No. 

Do I love it enough that I'd sail again, Yes!   So much so that I booked another sailing on the Beyond.  🎉

I do love S-class. When it came time to choose a cruise, I narrowed it down to the Beyond and a ship that has had upgrades/updates along with itinerary.  That short list quickly became the Beyond as a front runner every time.  I will be 100% honest and say The Retreat aspects are what weighed heavily in favor as well. 

Everybody has their likes, dislikes, preferences etc... 

I feel my 9-night cruise on the Beyond just wasn't enough.  Yes, even with the things I would change on the ship, the Beyond seems to have this spell over me. 😉

I will post more pictures and reviews and thoughts soon.  I feel there can never be too much information out there for resources.  I love reading what others say, so if I can provide helpful insight as well to anyone,  that's why I will finish this 'Live' review and make sure it's before the 1 year anniversary. 😂

Kelly 😃

🍹

I am verrrrrrry late to this party, but early enough for our next cruise on the Beyond.😁

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 7:22 AM, PinkSandGirl said:

Day 6.  Curaçao - Happy Halloween 🎃 

At this rate, I won't get a tan. Another rainy day. 

Breakfast in Luminae 

Got off ship.  Picked up pre-booked rental car, checked into the Marriott, went to the Curaçao Liqueur Distillery Tour (poured rain), Lunch at Grand Cafe Gouverneur De Rouvulle and then back to the hotel.  Walked in the water (rain went away).  We then brought the rental car back.

Dressed as a cat for Halloween.  Decided to try a Main Dining Room for Dinner since we didn't like Luminae or Blu.  Went to Tuscan, had pre-arranged the night before with Retreat Lounge Concierge.

Went to the show, Elements.  

Then went to meet Roll Call in the Club, but no one was there so ventured to the Grand Plaza.  Packed.   Went to Cafe Bacio for an Iced Tea and then to the buffet for some pizza and a snack.  Took a lot of pictures around the pool deck, no one around. 

Will give detailed thoughts and pictures. 😉

🍹

Cafe Gouverneur De Rouvulle.....OMG We LOVE that place!!!!!!
We have been going there since a long time! Best Keshi Yena ever! Love the courtyard and the upstairs too. Whenever we are in Curacao long enough we go there for dinner. Love love love that place! A taxi driver introduced me to that place years ago when I asked to be taken to a restaurant that serves good Keshi Yena.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Cafe Gouverneur De Rouvulle.....OMG We LOVE that place!!!!!!
We have been going there since a long time! Best Keshi Yena ever! Love the courtyard and the upstairs too. Whenever we are in Curacao long enough we go there for dinner. Love love love that place! A taxi driver introduced me to that place years ago when I asked to be taken to a restaurant that serves good Keshi Yena.

Hehe. That's great.   Of all the places.

We sat on the 2nd floor where the bar is.  The view from the window was perfect... the water and the colorful buildings.   We enjoyed our lunch and cocktails.  I would go back.  We walked around after we ate and saw the courtyard area on the 2nd level.  

🍹

• Like 1