Noordam....5 day.....with kids.....is my daughter nuts

Kelownabccan

On 10/26/2022 at 12:34 AM, crystalspin said:

Just to answer a small part of your over-the-top post: someone has just reported there is no Club HAL on the Volendam (and presummably the Zaandam) since start up. People write on Cruise Critic to learn from other people not to be cut down, despite the "critic" in the name.

Exactly.

Our recent experience. There were a sum total of 6 children of preteen Club HAL age on our recent NS cruise. They had 2 crew members assigned to Club HAL but there was no schedule and you had to make an appointment for your child by 5pm the night before if they wanted to attend the next evening. Dd only went 2 times. We just kept her with us the rest of the time and took her Fire tablet and headphones. She did great and had fun even without the club. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1

Regardless if your very adult daughter is nuts or not...her choice.  Never been on the Noordam, but my two teen daughters, wife, and I all stayed in a Vista Suite on the Koningsdam, and it was fine...about the only time all four of us are in the room at the same time was when we were sleeping.  The best part...I didn't need my mother's approval.

Edited by PACD_JG
  • Like 1

I’d also like to add that my entire childhood of cruising across the brands was spent with my mom and dad in an inside stateroom. My dad didn’t value the stateroom; he valued experiences and making memories, so I got to do tons of fun excursions and make memories that have lasted a lifetime. 

• Like 1