Hawaii Oct. 4-19 2022 Sapphire

latebloomer56

We loved the crew on this cruise. Some are new this is true hut they worked so very hard to make our faction memorable.

Yes our cabin E723 had a couple issues but our room steward addressed them and when not taken care he pushed the issue up to his supervisor. They communicated with us so we didn't feel ignored. We believe the heat and AC issue was throughout the ship not just our cabin. Princess surprised us with refundable OBC for the inconvenience of the cold room (I just put on a sweater) and the stuck balcony door which was fixed within a few days.

Dining was ok food was hot and served in a timely fashion service was wonderful. We had breakfast or lunch in the International dining room and thought each area we sat in service was excellent. Loved seeing managers helping all areas even carrying food out from the kitchen to be sure we were served hot food in a timely fashion. My best and memorable meal was the sea bass for lunch, cooked to absolute perfection. The buffet was a pleasant surprise like the individual servings and displays of food, food is subjective but we enjoyed our various choices. Thought the bread products were exceptional this trip though desserts were rather dull they looked good.

Public areas were staffed and clean whenever we were there. Bars were well staffed as well and was never disappointed.

Entertainment was ok not as festive as past productions mainly stage decor or lack of. We thoroughly enjoyed the crew show, best ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

We loved the crew on this cruise. Some are new this is true hut they worked so very hard to make our faction memorable.

Yes our cabin E723 had a couple issues but our room steward addressed them and when not taken care he pushed the issue up to his supervisor. They communicated with us so we didn't feel ignored. We believe the heat and AC issue was throughout the ship not just our cabin. Princess surprised us with refundable OBC for the inconvenience of the cold room (I just put on a sweater) and the stuck balcony door which was fixed within a few days.

Dining was ok food was hot and served in a timely fashion service was wonderful. We had breakfast or lunch in the International dining room and thought each area we sat in service was excellent. Loved seeing managers helping all areas even carrying food out from the kitchen to be sure we were served hot food in a timely fashion. My best and memorable meal was the sea bass for lunch, cooked to absolute perfection. The buffet was a pleasant surprise like the individual servings and displays of food, food is subjective but we enjoyed our various choices. Thought the bread products were exceptional this trip though desserts were rather dull they looked good.

Public areas were staffed and clean whenever we were there. Bars were well staffed as well and was never disappointed.

Entertainment was ok not as festive as past productions mainly stage decor or lack of. We thoroughly enjoyed the crew show, best ever.

glad you enjoyed your cruise...we got off on the 4th & also thought the crew was delightful & were impressed by how hard the restaurant managers were working at training & doing actual work to make things right...saw Mario the head of rest operations all the time in any venue we were dining in he runs things really well & is so friendly

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Did your cruise have a Hawaiian Cultural Experience (ukulele classes/hula/port talks/enrichment lectures)?

Bryan & Rowena were scheduled to board on the 4th

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

the stuck balcony door which was fixed within a few days.

On our cruise in May our balcony door refused to budge. My wife tried. I tried. Nope. Finally got someone to come to the room and he threw his shoulder against it and then grabbed the handle and reared back really hard (I had already tried that second part) and the door opened. After that it was "stiff" but manageable. I think it hadn't been opened during the entire shutdown.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

On our cruise in May our balcony door refused to budge. My wife tried. I tried. Nope. Finally got someone to come to the room and he threw his shoulder against it and then grabbed the handle and reared back really hard (I had already tried that second part) and the door opened. After that it was "stiff" but manageable. I think it hadn't been opened during the entire shutdown.

Same experience on the Grand in January. The room steward said it was the wind pushing against the door. A repairman came up and put wd40 on the door seal. That works until it dries out and makes it stickier. The maintenance supervisor lady and her assistant came up and told me that all ship's balcony doors with like this.  Very unpleasant and arrogant lady. If you have some antibiotic ointment (which is mostly vasoline) it will lubricate the door seal and make it work better.

7 hours ago, NownZen said:

Same experience on the Grand in January. The room steward said it was the wind pushing against the door. A repairman came up and put wd40 on the door seal. That works until it dries out and makes it stickier. The maintenance supervisor lady and her assistant came up and told me that all ship's balcony doors with like this.  Very unpleasant and arrogant lady. If you have some antibiotic ointment (which is mostly vasoline) it will lubricate the door seal and make it work better.

Not sure why we had so much trouble but the maintenance man came used a bar, looked like a mini crowbar but thinner lifted the door from the bottom sprayed in wd40 and repeated on other end inside and out open and closed several times but he must of felt something and did the top as well. Worked like a charm. Only took a few minutes but I no longer had any issue with this slider.

We were lucky the supervisor was very pleasant and easy to talk with.

We were on this same cruise.  Absolutely no problem with room temperature.  No problem with balcony door as we were not in a balcony cabin.  We were also on Emerald deck.

We did participate with Hawaii cultural stuff:  she in hula lessons; me attempting to learn the ukelele.  I gave up after the first lesson........he just went too fast for me.

One problem was that the hula instructor Rowena kept hugging and kissing everyone.  Not too smart with covid around, and almost nobody wearing masks.  My partner DID develop covid after about 10 days.  I was moved to another cabin; and, did not get covid.

This was our second Hawaii R/T cruise on Princess.  I think that's enough of that particular cruise.  We'll go back to the Mexican Riviera and California Coastals