Carnival Plc refund cheque bounced!

Tillylovesseabourn

I received a refund cheque with regard to my on board account on Saturday. This was pertaining to a cruise in August this year, and i paid the cheque in online only to receive a note on Tuesday that it has been returned! I think waiting until late October for an August refund is bad enough, but then for the cheque to bounce!!! 
Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how I may get another cheque issued?

Many thanks.

What was the reason given?

if you have it in your possession again, try paying it in online if you have the facility, if not already done so. If “RD (REFER TO DRAWER) is mentioned there is little chance of payment. Hopefully it is a technical glitch, wrong date or missing /out of date signature(s).

This could be bad news.

44 minutes ago, Tillylovesseabourn said:

I received a refund cheque with regard to my on board account on Saturday. This was pertaining to a cruise in August this year, and i paid the cheque in online only to receive a note on Tuesday that it has been returned! I think waiting until late October for an August refund is bad enough, but then for the cheque to bounce!!! 
Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how I may get another cheque issued?

Many thanks.

Strange, same with us….. Telephoned and as a smallish amount had it successfully refunded to our last used credit card….Thought no more about it, until today (?).

5 hours ago, Tillylovesseabourn said:

Many thanks.

Might be worth contacting Cunard either on their Faceache page or Twitter. I have always had a response from Cunard but not always the response I was expecting.

20 minutes ago, Tillylovesseabourn said:

Thanks all for your replies, letter from bank today says drawers signature not present. Upon further inspection of the cheque it is on there but very lightly printed. I suspect that is why. Will call.

Thanks for the update, good luck getting it sorted out.